What's new

8Dio update notifications??

widescreen

The Duke Creates
I realized in another thread that @doctoremmet
has V2.1 of Century Strings installed. I never got any information about that since I bought them in the week they were released last year. I have the bundle including Sordino.

I looked for manual download links and there they are. That's a little annoying. Without that screenshot I would never have known about.

How do you get information about such updates? Why am I as a loyal customer not getting informed about such updates?
@8Dio News

How about all other libraries I own? I wonder how many updates I missed in the last 50 weeks...

Last edited:
has V2.1 of Century Strings installed. I never got any information about that since I bought them in the week they were released last year. I have the bundle including Sordino.

I looked for manual download links and there they are. That's a little annoying. Without that screenshot I would never have known about.

How do you get information about such updates? Why am I as a loyal customer not getting informed about such updates?
@8Dio News

How about all other libraries I own? I wonder how many updates I missed in the last 50 weeks...
You can contact support and they will let you know from experience but I agree...the downloader should spin out a update notice if not email... or something.

Last edited:
You can contact support and they will let you know from experience but I agree...the downloader should spin out a update notice if not email... or something.
I have only used the old downloader once and never again. Manual downloading did it since then. Is the new one capable of showing version information and their release dates?

Hmmm.. Interesting. I don't see Century Strings 2.1 in my 8dio account. It shows 2.0

When was the 2.1 update released ? and what does it offer in terms of improvements ?

I wish 8dio had an update notification system, or at least an update notice to inform me about updates when I check my 8dio account.

Hmmm.. Interesting. I don't see Century Strings 2.1 in my 8dio account. It shows 2.0

When was the 2.1 update released ? and what does it offer in terms of improvements ?

I wish 8dio had an update notification system, or at least an update notice to inform me about updates when I check my 8dio account.
The name is still shown as 2.0 but the downloader shows both 2.0 and 2.1 for the Ensemble Strings and so does the manual download page. No idea what it includes but I started to download it. There must be a reason why 8Dio is re-releasing 127 gigs of data. It seems that the instrument files are still the same, only the samples have been updated somehow. I sent them a question.

Last edited:
The name is still shown as 2.0 but the downloader shows both 2.0 and 2.1 for the Ensemble Strings and so does the manual download page. No idea what it includes but I started to download it. There must be a reason why 8Dio is re-releasing 127 gigs of data. It seems that the instrument files are still the same, only the samples have been updated somehow.
Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe someone from 8dio can post some info. about what the Century Strings 2.1 update offers.

Temme has a special connection to 8Dio. Now I know it. The post where I saw the screenshot was from January if I remember right. And he did NOT start any discussion about it. Suspicious...

Thank you for contacting 8Dio Support.
The 2.1 typically indicates an updated version of the library. These updates include bug fixes. If you are ever unsure if you have the most current version of a library, you can just ask us here or in the chat and we can check :)
Please let us know if you need any more help.
Best Wishes,
8Dio Support
Gee, thanks!

This morning I got the info from the chat that 8Dio is currently working on a list, where an update chronology is set up. How did they come to that idea?? ;)

I learned: The new downloader cannot show updates. So no use for it like before.

By the way, I got 6 additonal updates to the one for Century Strings 2. So I hope that'll be all since my first 8Dio library I bought last year in summer. If someone likes to know:

- Ostinato Strings II V1.1
- Ostinato Woodwinds Vol II V1.3
- Post-Apocalyptic Guitar (V?)
- Epic Solo Taiko V1.1
- Century Brass 2 Lite (V?)
- Century Brass Solo Trombone (V?)

(in brackets: No version info to see in file naming)

So if anyone of you owns one of these and has not updated them in the last 12 months, better ask support. ;)

But it's not without some strange issues. As the downloaded update for Ostinato Strings II contained Ostinato Strings I, I doubt that story can go on longer... :confused:
The others I have still to compare, but on first look they seem to be changed in at least the creation dates of the containing files and contain, what it's called. Although the Trombone still says "v1". :cautious:

If anyone has got an update of OTHER libraries in the last 12 months, it would be interesting to hear...

Last edited:
This morning I got the info from the chat that 8Dio is currently working on a list, where an update chronology is set up. How did they come to that idea?? ;)

I learned: The new downloader cannot show updates. So no use for it like before.

By the way, I got 6 additonal updates to the one for Century Strings 2. So I hope that'll be all since my first 8Dio library I bought last year in summer. If someone likes to know:

- Epic Solo Taiko V1.1

So if anyone of you owns one of these and has not updated them in the last 12 months, better ask support. ;)

But it's not without some strange issues. As the downloaded update for Ostinato Strings II contained Ostinato Strings I, I doubt that story can go on longer... :confused:
The others I have still to compare, but on first look they seem to be changed in at least the creation dates of the containing files and contain, what it's called. Although the Trombone still says "v1". :cautious:

If anyone has got an update of OTHER libraries in the last 12 months, it would be interesting to hear...
I have all these except for Ostinato Strings II

So they really need to sort out an update system
As I have always wondered this about Non-Player Kontakt libraries...

@8Dio News

Because as an owner of around 50 of their libraries, I would like to know when there are fixes and updates

I have all these except for Ostinato Strings II

So they really need to sort out an update system
As I have always wondered this about Non-Player Kontakt libraries...

@8Dio News

Because as an owner of around 50 of their libraries, I would like to know when there are fixes and updates
Until they have that list, do it like me: Ask support now every week if there have been any updates. :laugh:

Just wondering why it is ALWAYS that I (yes, ME!) am the first to recognize such basic problems. No one before ever asked for something like that?

I mean, how cruel could it be to send all customers of a specific library a mail with an update notice. Would be one of the first tasks I'd have started when I made up my first sample library. It's not rocket science... :rolleyes:

Interesting side note: All the updates made my amount of money spent for 8Dio grow about $1000. Without having bought anything.

If I wasn't V8P already, now I would have been. :grin:

Some programmers there need some lessons I think...

Last edited:

@8Dio News

We are launching a webpage this week that will include all recent product updates, the version of the library, and the date it was updated. This way you can check for updates and see if you have the most up-to-date version on your account.

- Epic Solo Taiko V1.1

We actually came up with the idea about two weeks ago since we realized there isn't really a central place for customers to access that information. So it's just working our for everyone. We do take our customer feedback seriously and try to implement it as soon as we can. Updates are something we feel should be readily available. Our Customer Support is always able and willing to add any needed updates :)

@8Dio News

Yeah. That has happened to me for years with 8Dio. I dig their stuff, but they needed to have this sorted out a long time ago..I have like 15k of their stuff alone, and it served me well at the time, but you'd think this would have been more organized years ago. I don't have time to go there all the time and look thru pages of updates. Get a software portal that shows if you need an update!

We actually came up with the idea about two weeks ago since we realized there isn't really a central place for customers to access that information. So it's just working our for everyone. We do take our customer feedback seriously and try to implement it as soon as we can. Updates are something we feel should be readily available. Our Customer Support is always able and willing to add any needed updates :)
Create a Portal App for users. Much more efficient for updates at least.

- Epic Solo Taiko V1.1

Isn’t the Post Apocalyptic Guitar a free library? Or maybe it wasn’t before ? But yay for the new updates page which gonna show up this week. Thanks @8Dio News !

I had no idead 8Dio released an update per Century Strings (i bough the v2 when it came out). I'll have a look as soon as the list comes out.

I had no idead 8Dio released an update per Century Strings (i bough the v2 when it came out). I'll have a look as soon as the list comes out.
You don't have to wait. Just look into your account and try to redownload it, if you recognize filenames with v21 at the end, get them (for Century Strings). If not, ask support, they'll add it. I'd not wait for the list. You know, release dates could change, and for that list we even do not have any date, yet. ;)

For my experience, 8Dio support is quite quick and kind.

Top Bottom