What's new

8Dio update notifications??

Th
You don't have to wait. Just look into your account and try to redownload it, if you recognize filenames with v21 at the end, get them (for Century Strings). If not, ask support, they'll add it. I'd not wait for the list. You know, release dates could change, and for that list we even do not have any date, yet. ;)

For my experience, 8Dio support is quite quick and kind.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try to do it in the next days :)

But it's not without some strange issues. As the downloaded update for Ostinato Strings II contained Ostinato Strings I, I doubt that story can go on longer... :confused:
My doubt was right. :rolleyes::grin:

So as 8Dio has sent their very first update newsletter with all the updates since April 2021 I just wanted to ask everyone in that thread (and outside) who has Ostinato Strings II and downloaded the proclaimed V1.1 from April 2021 if

1. there is really Ostinato Strings II inside the RAR file and not Ostinato Strings I
2. there is V1.1 of Ostinato Strings II inside the RAR file and not V1.0

I'm asking because 8Dio did 4 attempts to deliver me V1.1 in more than one week but hasn't managed it, yet. First there was Ostinato Strings I inside 3 times although they double checked, now they delivered the old version again, that should be V1.1. All files have file dates and sizes identical to my existing V1.0. Samples are from 2019, instruments from 2020. o_O

Is there anyone who has V1.1 already? And if so, can you post the total amount of bytes and files?
V1.0 has 8434 files at a total of 7.57GB (8,122,988,876 Bytes).

In my account it appears the libraries that got updates don't have their names anymore hehe. Couldn't find Ostinato Chapter II at first. Know I know why:

1625562565641.png

Anyway, decided to download the individual rar parts manually and see if that renders me with v1.1. I'll update later today.

1625562637848.png
Work in progress, as the website refuses to load part 09 and the last one :-(
Edit: eventually the links to those parts did result in a download, but the links to Parts 06 and 07 never did. @8Dio News You may want to test this.

Last edited:
So manual download is practically not an option, as ultimately I am unable to grab parts 06 and 07.

Decided to use the downloader, and for comparison I also included Ostinato I.

1625563127046.png

It appears I am now downloading 7.33 Gb of material. Which is less than what I have installed right now. And #I comprises of 10,69 Gb worth of material. Again, keep you posted.

Last edited:
So manual download is practically not an option, as ultimately I am unable to grab parts 06 and 07.

Decided to use the downloader, and for comparison I also included Ostinato I.

1625563127046.png

It appears I am now downloading 7.33 Gb of material. Which is less than what I have installed right now. And I comprises of 10,69 Gb worth of material. Again, keep you posted.
Have you already asked support to get V1.1 into your account? It's not always automatically done. At least for most of my updates.

Have you already asked support to get V1.1 into your account? It's not always automatically done. At least for most of my updates.
Ah. I haven’t. That’s a requirement though? Weird!

I’ll stop this download and ask them first. Just to be sure.

With so many different libraries, surely it would be a good idea for 8DIO to create a downloader similar to Spitfire Audio's, which maintains the customer's libraries, library information, and alerts the user when there is an update to a library. I think its probably about the best downloader out there, together with the EastWest downloader.

I'd be happy enough just with changenotes the way UVI does it (though UVI does also have a downloader/manager as well). The problem I've got with things like Anthology Strings is determining whether the instruments alone have changed or whether there are changes to the samples. I downloaded one RAR of samples and found the file dates are from way back, so have assumed it's just the instruments but it's not easy to be sure.

Unless they really want people to be hitting up their CDN for tens of gigabytes a time, they'd probably be better off doing it too.

I got the 8dio library update email today. I have a few of the libraries that need the update, but I don't see a 2.1 update for Century Strings 2.0 . I will email 8dio support and ask them about this.

I got the 8dio library update email today. I have a few of the libraries that need the update, but I don't see a 2.1 update for Century Strings 2.0 . I will email 8dio support and ask them about this.
It was before April. The mail is just starting there. And it's definitely on my hard disk. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I will request the 2.1 Cent. Strings from support.

Do you know what 2.1 improved, or added to 2.0 ?

My Century Strings Bundle was already updated automatically. But they added Normale Edition in addition. Double is better.

Sadly no idea what changed. That's the next big task for 8Dio. Now that we know that there ARE changes. We need to know WHICH changes. 😆
How dare we?!

My Century Strings Bundle was already updated automatically. But they added Normale Edition in addition. Double is better.

Sadly no idea what changed. That's the next big task for 8Dio. Now that we know that there ARE changes. We need to know WHICH changes. 😆
How dare we?!
I got my update download codes from 8dio, I also asked support what the Century Str. 2.1 update added, or improved, but didn't get a reply for that.

I just got off a long chat with them.. So what I did on the Trombone thing, since I have the Solo Brass Bundle like some others, is re-download the entire Solo Brass Library Bundle, which they say will give me the Solo Trombone added update in the same folder. I hate trying to dig in yet another folder for just one library. They told me that was available after an inquiry of sorts.. Funny.. So I am doing that now. Seems cleaner that way when, like me, I have hundreds of libraries.

Looks like for every little update - you have to re-download the ENTIRE library.
Also there is no information on what has been changed.
Yup. The lack of info. is not helpful.

You would think that they can simply add some notes to what each update offers. Beats me. :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom