What's new

8Dio The BIG Choir Flash Sale

So what exactly makes Silka different enough? They seem too similar to me when I listen to youtube stuff that has them. Insolidus has the sequencer as well.

Insolidus and Silka are very similar choirs. Recorded with the same singers in the same style and dynamics....and the same space too.

Look at it like this. They do the same thing, except Insolidus adds the basics (sustains, etc) that Silka doesn't have. Silka basically takes Insolidus....removes the icing (which is already very good) and brings back an even better prettier icing and adds it straight on top of the Insolidus icing. Silka is almost all icing. Insolidus still gives you the cake too. Basically you have so much tasty pretty icing with both, that the options are limitless.

Ive said it enough times. 8dio needs to sell them as 1 super amazing 'arcs' choir.

Bought EWHC Diamond a week back, still demoing. Do I really need 8dio's or can do with what I have?

The choirs were on sale just two months ago!

I guess that the several deals always "overlap" since Majestica and the Epic collections are still on sale. Since the VSL Choir is my only choir library so far I am very temppted. Do you know if VAT is included in the total or will it be added at the very last moment?

The choirs were on sale just two months ago!

I guess that the several deals always "overlap" since Majestica and the Epic collections are still on sale. Since the VSL Choir is my only choir library so far I am very temppted. Do you know if VAT is included in the total or will it be added at the very last moment?
cool just gone to have a listen...very nice VSL choir

The VSL Choir is nice indeed but has only short syllabes. So I am looking for a choir with more "text" variation. For "ooohh" and "aaahh" VSL is definetly great! :)

So, does someone know if VAT is included in the sale prices?

Bought EWHC Diamond a week back, still demoing. Do I really need 8dio's or can do with what I have?
Nice purchase with 60% sale! As far as I know, you can live without Lacrimosa and Requiem Pro, because EWHC sounds loud and epic as well!

But you could definitely explore sound demos, videos and reviews of Insolidus and Silka, because they are focused on a softer lyrical sound that it's not easy to find in a big-sounding choir library.

Last edited:
Nice purchase with 60% sale! As far as I know, you can live without Lacrimosa and Requiem Pro, because EWHC sounds loud and epic as well!

But you could definitely explore sound demos, videos and reviews of Insolidus and Silka, because they are focused on a softer lyrical sound that it's not easy to find in a big-sounding choir library.

Thank you for your advice. Yeah, I bought EWHC-D from jrrshop for $268 which is even $51 cheaper then the current 60% sale. I think I'll pass this time and as someone else said, wait for future 8dio sales.

Really want to pull the trigger on Insolidus. Is it as good as the people say? It sounds like Silka is even better, then why are they the same price?

Why they're priced the same is the company's prerogative I guess...not to be snarky though. However, I'd check out the differences noted throughout the thread before you pull the trigger, just so you know what you're getting. Right now they're both on sale for $208 with an additional 20% discount so you could invariably get both for less than the price of one if you had to have both. There's also a Choir Shootout thread that includes SILKA, DOMIMUS PRO, ERIC WHITAKER that may be informative as well.

Everyone should know about their bundlemaker, but they don't as it is not so obvious.. It is in their pages top menu under "Bundler". You always get 20% off when buying worth over $200 (30% off $400 if I remember correct etc). but you will have to use the corresponding coupon code. They are not telling anyone at checkout that by the way you are eligible for 20% extra discount.
So sadly many readers have probably paid quite much extra.

Everyone should know about their bundlemaker, but they don't as it is not so obvious.. It is in their pages top menu under "Bundler". You always get 20% off when buying worth over $200 (30% off $400 if I remember correct etc). but you will have to use the corresponding coupon code. They are not telling anyone at checkout that by the way you are eligible for 20% extra discount.
So sadly many readers have probably paid quite much extra.
Damn...if it's built in to their structure, it should be apparent. I've always bought on massive sale anyway, but sill.

It's actually 20%, because they are running a "bundle" special if you spend more than $200. I'm about to place the order.

Scarlet Jerry
So Insolidus comes to $166 with the added discount. That's pretty good. Thinking about it, since I have Lacrimosa already...wanna make sure it's not redundant.

Top Bottom