What's new

8dio Ostinato Strings 1: TM Pro Patches MORE CPU-efficient?

dadadave

(I believe this is more of a library-related question than a tech question, hence why I post it here)

I'm building a template and wondered, if I should use the TM Pro versions of the 8dio Ostinato Strings 1 instruments. So I did some quick tests to see, what the cost was of using the superior TM Pro algorithm. To my surprise, the TM Pro instruments seemed to use about 5% less CPU than their regular counterparts!

Confused by that result, I did a very brief test with Metropolis Ark, which yielded a result more in line with my expectations: the TM patches used more CPU than the regular ones.

Does anyone have a guess what's going on here? Could it be related to the whole sample being loaded into memory and thus requiring less CPU somehow (though why wouldn't it behave the same in Metropolis Ark)?

I didn't hear a clear difference in audio quality in my tests, to be honest, but since they seem more efficient as well, anyway, I guess I'll just stick to the TM patches of the 8dio library and won't bother with the other ones.

Top Bottom