What's new

8Dio New Release Studio Quartet Series Deep Solo Viola

Studio-Quartet-Banner-Viola-3.jpg

The 8Dio Studio Solo Strings series carries on from our critically acclaimed Intimate Studio product line. Now with more grit, intensity, controllability and of course articulations. The Studio Solo Viola marks countless hours of critical recording and capturing of essential musical performances, which through proprietary post-production have been carefully curated and crafted into a fully playable solo instrument. Featuring only the best in musicianship, the Solo Viola has all the intricacy and passion you would expect, capable of dynamic and moving performances, through to authentically virtuosic playing. Recorded in a controlled studio environment, the Viola was captured in incredible detail and without compromise utilizing two dual-microphone techniques. This combined method allows you to freely blend between a direct signal and a more spacious and ambient position, enabling you to control the positioning and distance of the Viola accurately.

Check out all of the Studio Quartet Series here:

Studio Quartet Series Solo Viola Official Walkthrough

Official Demos

Sounds like it's another gem in the series! Bring on the bass indeed! And Century Strings 2.0 for that matter, so I can buy the lot... :)

Last edited:
Not to plug my music, but I used the Studio Quartet series and BBCSO Pro together here:

The studio series has a bright harshness to them so I did some EQ to darken and blend a little better.

Nothing wrong with self-promotion - it is always nice for a newbie to orchestral music to hear how things are done

The Basses are on the way.

Hi - I see that the 8Dio "Bundler" allows for a 30% discount on $400 in purchases - when you release the Solo Bass I am thinking I will buy all 4 solo libraries -- am I correct in thinking that the $392 for all 4 will not qualify for the 30% "Bundler" discount (I know it probably will not but, hey, nobody got anything in life by not asking) Cheers

Not out of the box I guess – as the Solo Strings are recorded in a much smaller studio with a dry roomsound compared to BBCSO. But with some proper reverb or room emulation you can get in the right direction for sure.

So, would I be correct in thinking that, if I wanted a library that would work with BBCSO "out of the box", that I would be better off with a Spitfire solo library?

Forgive my newbie question

So, would I be correct in thinking that, if I wanted a library that would work with BBCSO "out of the box", that I would be better off with a Spitfire solo library?

The Spitfire solo strings were recorded at Air Lyndhurst, which is a much different (and more reverberant) space than Maida Vale where BBCSO was recorded. I imagine you can make either one work in a mix.

Well, Spitfires solo library was recorded at Air Studios – not in Maida Vale as BBCSO. But it could be a bit of a better fit in terms of sound I guess. Still 8DIO's solo strings are way more versatile and have more articulations if you ask me. Dylan's track is a good example that it can work well I think!

The Spitfire solo strings were recorded at Air Lyndhurst, which is a much different (and more reverberant) space than Maida Vale where BBCSO was recorded. I imagine you can make either one work in a mix.

Well, Spitfires solo library was recorded at Air Studios – not in Maida Vale as BBCSO. But it might be a bit of a better fit in terms of sound I guess. Still 8DIO's solo strings are way more versatile and have more articulations if you ask me. Dylan's track is a good example that it can work will I think!

Thanks - I am coming from a world of pop/rock/ambient guitar and production but have been bitten by the orchestral bug so all if these replies are very helpful to me

Not to plug my music, but I used the Studio Quartet series and BBCSO Pro together here:

The studio series has a bright harshness to them so I did some EQ to darken and blend a little better.

This is a really beautiful piece. I bought emotional violin and cello this blackfriday and am waiting to see how audiobro mss will sound. Hopefully BBCSO will stay on sale for a bit longer, but also the other issue I guess is cpu usage is substantial on these big libraries. Only have 16gb ram on my 2016 MacBook =(

What are the low end sounds involved at 2:32? You hear that a lot everywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom