What's new

8Dio Majestica

Anevis

I've looked at 8Dio what they have to offer for BF and discovered their orchestra Majestica that is on sale for $176 I think. I already own one of their strings library (Agitato Sordino Strings) and I find them very good. Since Majestica is more that 60% off I kind of want to buy it. They have all the sections mixed into one patch (Strings, Brass, Woodwinds) which gives me a good starting point and might by useful for layering too.

So does anybody own it? Do you recommend it? Is it worth the money?

I have it and think it is worth $176. But you also have to take that with the caveat that i am a beginner and really still am learning.

I have 8D8W Black which is Majestica with more mics. I'm kind of spoiled with those spot mics because I can bring out different sections of strings and brass with the spots that Majestica doesn't have the ability to do. As wet as the library is and due to the fact that there is only legato on strings, not being able to work with any sections would be a major issue for me. The brass also isn't as aggressive on the high notes as I would've liked either for a library billed as epic. That being said, it sounds huge and organic. I mean REAAALLY big. If you want that gigantic orchestra sound, it does definitely deliver.

I have 8D8W Black which is Majestica with more mics. I'm kind of spoiled with those spot mics because I can bring out different sections of strings and brass with the spots that Majestica doesn't have the ability to do. As wet as the library is and due to the fact that there is only legato on strings, not being able to work with any sections would be a major issue for me. The brass also isn't as aggressive on the high notes as I would've liked either for a library billed as epic. That being said, it sounds huge and organic. I mean REAAALLY big. If you want that gigantic orchestra sound, it does definitely deliver.
Do you like 8D8W Black? It is $398 for me to upgrade to it. Seems like the lowest price I have seen as it is rarely in the sales.

Do you like 8D8W Black? It is $398 for me to upgrade to it. Seems like the lowest price I have seen as it is rarely in the sales.

Much bigger price and much more discount (if one accepts full price as reference). Does 8Dio allow a crossgrade from from Majestica to 8D8W Black ??

You know, I don't know. I know I didn't get access to the 8D8W (which is supposed to be a secret library) until I bought Majestica. I figured it was the crossgrade price. But I realize if you buy Lacrimosa, you probably get the same price.

I have Majestica. It's not bad, especially for that price. I really hate the perc in it though. Way too wet to even use.

It overall feels like a condensed library, which it is, but for the current price, I'd say it's worth it. I just don't use it much.

^ I very much agree with @Mike Fox . It's generally too wet but for the price it's great. It's also not edited perfectly so the attack time on sounds within any given patch can differ a bit and make the response inprecise/performance rather sloppy.

However, it's good for layering to add size to your orchestral score, and I find myself using their fast string spiccatos quite a bit because they are actually really fast.

^ I very much agree with @Mike Fox . It's generally too wet but for the price it's great. It's also not edited perfectly so the attack time on sounds within any given patch can differ a bit and make the response inprecise/performance rather sloppy.

However, it's good for layering to add size to your orchestral score, and I find myself using their fast string spiccatos quite a bit because they are actually really fast.
I definitely think the strings are the best part of Majestica (thank goodness). The Bartok and col legno are the best I've heard. Layering them with the staccatos results in maximum destruction!

You know, I don't know. I know I didn't get access to the 8D8W (which is supposed to be a secret library) until I bought Majestica. I figured it was the crossgrade price. But I realize if you buy Lacrimosa, you probably get the same price.

8Dio Support confirms that V8P 8W Black is current $398. later even for Majestica owners/purchasers.
Extra mics can make major difference, so will ponder a bit over incremental $222. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

8Dio Support confirms that V8P 8W Black is current $398. later even for Majestica owners/purchasers.
Extra mics can make major difference, so will ponder a bit over incremental $222. :emoji_disappointed_relieved:
It also includes some synth and sound design stuff, if you're into that.

I just they would offer a better discount to those who already have Majestica. $400 is just too much to upgrade.

That's a tough one. I like it and got it at half price, which is what it probably should be selling at honestly. I don't regret it but I don't know that I would buy it again even at half price with all the great competition in that range. Like a lot of 8Dio stuff, it sounds great but suffers from a lack of consistency across all instruments. I know a lot of cost must've come from paying that many musicians, which probably limited the amount of content they could include and it seems pretty sparse, content-wise. But it does sound great for what it was intended for. The massive Bartok pizzicato and Col legno sold me on it. Sounds like an elephant stampede! :rofl:

It also includes some synth and sound design stuff, if you're into that.

I just they would offer a better discount to those who already have Majestica. $400 is just too much to upgrade.
Totally agree. They really should adjust the upgrade cost for that and Emperium. I went ahead and bought the upgrade to Emperium from Lacrimosa on sale but it would've saved me money to just buy Emperium at half price instead.

It does say to email for the upgrade price. So I did. Will let you know when they get back to me.

I was under the impression that similar to the infamous original Spitfire library that was very expensive and limited edition, this was initially a limited high price library only available to the upper echelon of composers. Now that VI's are much more available and these have aged, they are getting more reasonable in price. Great for us hobbyists. :)

I have Majestica. It's not bad, especially for that price. I really hate the perc in it though. Way too wet to even use.

It overall feels like a condensed library, which it is, but for the current price, I'd say it's worth it. I just don't use it much.

True the percs sound too wet and probably not usable at all in most scenarios.

That is actually what caught my interest, not considering the price. The fast spiccatos, I need some "go-to" library for those fast strings which seems as Majestica could be worth it

Libraries like Majestica will always be waaay too wet for my needs. In comparison, all the releases from the Century Series meet all my expectations just the way they are! A 20 inch penis won't make you a better lover.
And you will probably scare away a lot of women.

Still thinking about the Century Strings. Or maybe just the sordinos.

Top Bottom