What's new

8DIO Lacrimosa Review/Walkthrough

calebfaith

Hi,

I just recorded a quick review/walkthrough of the different patches in 8DIOs Lacrimosa choir. Its my first ever review so go easy on me :P

- Caleb

John Busby

Musician/Composer
man i really wish i wouldn't gotten this instead of Requiem
i think Requiem has some awesome sounds but the scripting has really been a mess compared to recent newer libraries i have.
i can instantly tell Lacrimosa is miles above Requiem 5 minutes in to your review; seems to be much more playable

great review by the way!

edit: do you have a tune that you've written with this library yet? if you have i would love to hear it!

Zhao Shen

StormSound
i think Requiem has some awesome sounds but the scripting has really been a mess compared to recent newer libraries i have.
i can instantly tell Lacrimosa is miles above Requiem 5 minutes in to your review; seems to be much more playable

great review by the way!
Yeah well Requiem was also released many, many years prior. I have it too, it's a shame that 8Dio will never release an update for it...

John Busby

Musician/Composer
Yeah well Requiem was also released many, many years prior. I have it too, it's a shame that 8Dio will never release an update for it...
i know right! i've been seeing in this forum lately that 8dio haven't released hardly any updates to most of their products over the years
i hope this changes :cautious:

Zhao Shen

StormSound
i know right! i've been seeing in this forum lately that 8dio haven't released hardly any updates to most of their products over the years
i hope this changes :cautious:
Yeah it's a shame. Honestly I think they are very high up there in terms of consistently releasing quality products, and they put an absolutely insane amount of new items out there each year. But due to their practices, I've always seen them as a business who wants my money rather than a developer who earns my money. I mean, the reason they don't update products is because it's theoretically not going to offer much return. They'd prefer to keep pumping out new products for premium new prices in an attempt to make as much money as possible, but in the process many of their customers become disillusioned with them. Just look at how they slapped their V8P customers in the face with Lacrimosa and Majestica.

OP
calebfaith

calebfaith

great review by the way!

edit: do you have a tune that you've written with this library yet? if you have i would love to hear it!

Pity you didn't get Lacrimosa instead although from what I hear Requiem is still a pretty decent library.

I haven't written with it by itself but I do have a few tracks with it in it:
- Some legato in the middle:

- Some shorts:

- Some Longs/Legato

Yeah it's a shame. Honestly I think they are very high up there in terms of consistently releasing quality products, and they put an absolutely insane amount of new items out there each year. But due to their practices, I've always seen them as a business who wants my money rather than a developer who earns my money. I mean, the reason they don't update products is because it's theoretically not going to offer much return. They'd prefer to keep pumping out new products for premium new prices in an attempt to make as much money as possible, but in the process many of their customers become disillusioned with them. Just look at how they slapped their V8P customers in the face with Lacrimosa and Majestica.

Yeah the lack of any updates is pretty bad. I think I remember hearing that Adagio was meant to be continually updated and be the last string library you'll need because of this etc...

Top Bottom