What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

Flash sale on the Hybrid Tools bundle. Does anyone own these? i realise that they sound effects to sprinkle over productions, but how do they fare as stand-alone tools?

Last edited:
Flash sale on the Hybrid Tools bundle. Does anyone own these? i realise that they sound effects to sprinkle over productions, but how do they fare as stand-alone tools?
Pretty lame sale. I already have Aura Guitars and the 2 others. Buying the 3 Hybrid Tools, it would cost me more than the price of the bundle...

how do they fare as stand-alone tools?

I think there's more to it than meets the eye. I never used it in my music, but I figured I'd give it a try.

This (attached) is HT1 and 2, with the Celesta from the Default Library, Raum reverb and Izotope Ozone 8. I'm pretty happy with it, it took me half an hour, including searching through the sounds. Not too bad.

I'd agree with this:
I only have Hybrid Tools 2, but the few melodic patches included are not very good

Also:
Pretty lame sale. I already have Aura Guitars and the 2 others. Buying the 3 Hybrid Tools, it would cost me more than the price of the bundle...
I'm not sure how the fact that you own some of the items on sale makes it a lame sale in general. For you, maybe - although, as you said, buying the bundle still gives you a discount on the 3 HT. I'd say it is a decent offer, loads of sounds if you want to do some trailery stuff, and I'm okay with the layout and classification :)

Attachments

• Fée Dragée Au Curare.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Guys, is it normal that 8dio does not react to support mails?

Ca. two weeks ago I purchased Century Strings. During unpacking, several samples were missing in the rar files. I wrote them, very friendly, with screenshots of the error prompts etc., but no response.

It's just one experience, but if this turns out to be normal, I will not buy from them anymore, although I like the strings all in all.

I am also very interested in Century Brass, but before would like to ask for your experiences with their support? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ca. two weeks ago I purchased Century Strings. During unpacking, several samples were missing in the rar files. I wrote them, very friendly, with screenshots of the error prompts etc., but no response.

It's just one experience, but if this turns out to be normal, I will not buy from them anymore, although I like the strings all in all.

I am also very interested in Century Brass, but before would like to ask for your experiences with their support? Thanks!

I only have good experiences. You can also try to go to the 8dio website and wait for that support chat window which will appear after a short time.

Yeah, i've always used the chat on their site and gotten fast and excellent support.

As others have mentioned, support is usually very fast via the chat on their website.

The missing files happened to me too, by the way. I realized you're going to need enough space both for the download AND the unrared, installed files at the same time. Once I made enough room available (around 2-300 gigs IIRC) on my main drive - downloading and installing on an external drive wouldn't cut it, for some reason - everything downloaded and installed just fine.

As others have mentioned, support is usually very fast via the chat on their website.

The missing files happened to me too, by the way. I realized you're going to need enough space both for the download AND the unrared, installed files at the same time. Once I made enough room available (around 2-300 gigs IIRC) on my main drive - downloading and installing on an external drive wouldn't cut it, for some reason - everything downloaded and installed just fine.

Space on disk was not the problem, but thank you nevertheless for the help!

I would wait till a proper sale.
There is a discount for owners of Ostinato Strings I, which makes it interesting.
At 8Dio I know that sometime there will be a discount that will blow everything else away.
I am still listening and thinking. I'm still missing a more detailed walktrough through the patches.

Tried placing both Ostinato Strings and Advanced Ostinato Strings II in Cart, but no price adjustments.
Both @ $198. each. How much is II discounted for I owners ?? Will do Chat early tomorrow ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom