What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

That would be good. :) I was being mostly sarcastic, though you never know what people will like in the future. I could not have imagined that disco would ever come back. But well...

My idea of a "comback would be Mahler ,Stravinsky,Gershwin,The Bird ,Trane etc...not the pop pablum.Humanity has been bombarded with these empty corporate calories mind rotting ditties for too long.The kids are the future and many seemed to have eaten their vegtables instead of a diet of Hershey chochlate bars.

Gotta say I am a bit confused..again.I bought Requiem for $88 yet I received Centurt Harps for free even though I didnt spend $98.....not complaining however..Thank you 8 Dio for the great deal.

There's a theory that the algorithm calculating eligibility for the free lib, at least in some cases, based on the full price rather than the discounted purchase price.

How does requiem handle legato, and the more delicate, new agey/ambient side of things (think enya). Seems like a really good deal with the harps thrown in. I can’t demo right now because I’m on a phone with a crappy speaker. Should I just wait until one of the other choirs go on sale? Ideally I’d like something with a good dynamic range, which can do subtle as well as epic.

Ps. 8 Dio has us by the balls

Last edited:
How does requiem handle legato, and the more delicate, new agey/ambient side of things (think enya). Seems like a really good deal with the harps thrown in. I can’t demo right now because I’m on a phone with a crappy speaker. Should I just wait until one of the other choirs go on sale? Ideally I’d like something with a good dynamic range, which can do subtle as well as epic.

P.s 8 dio has us by the balls
I haven t had time to work it yet I’ve only listened to the demo which sound very good.What I noticed was a clarity of individuals.In other words it didn’t sound soft and synths.The harps sounded great also ...all in all they are essentially $44 each they would have to be pretty bad for that not to be a good deal.

It looks like the claire bundle will be on sale (or free with purchase) so you may want to wait.

Marked on calendar (Dec 13) , but 8Dio has sometimes not credited existing Claire libs with their Bundle sales as does SFA ..... :cautious:

We'll soon see !

Anyone getting any use from the freebies yet? Free Angels, Free Radicals, or Free For You? I downloaded them but haven't used them yet.

I could not find any use for it. Tried it, deleted it, and didn't even bother to archive it. I just have no use for it.

Is Requiem Pro still a good choir lib, despite being seven years old?
It does sound good from what I've heard so far. I only had Dominus (not Pro), Oceania and Ark 1 choirs and still thought Requiem Pro fills a gap I'm missing. So....

Gotta say I am a bit confused..again.I bought Requiem for $88 yet I received Centurt Harps for free even though I didnt spend $98.....not complaining however..Thank you 8 Dio for the great deal.
I just pulled the trigger based on what @Rex282 said - and confirm you do get the harps with Requiem Pro. Nice one 8Dio and thanks @Rex282 for the tip-off!

I'm thinking it's about time I bought Requiem Pro. I don't have need for another harp so I'll probably wait until tomorrow, but I hope the free instrument isn't something I already have.

It looks like the claire bundle will be on sale (or free with purchase) so you may want to wait.
Where are you seeing this, if I may ask?

I'm thinking it's about time I bought Requiem Pro. I don't have need for another harp so I'll probably wait until tomorrow, but I hope the free instrument isn't something I already have.

Where are you seeing this, if I may ask?
The list a few pages back. Someone got a picture of the days and was able to figure out most of them. It may change, but it should be pretty close.

Do we know if Century Brass would be at this price again anytime soon? e.g. is it one of those 8dio libraries that goes on a decent sale every now and then? Is 248 dollars considered a "won't happen often" type scenario for this library?

Top Bottom