What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

Why are all the various 8Dio sales being crammed into this thread from May? The thread title "8Dio Is Actually Having A Sale" doesn't help anyone if it doesn't explain what the current sale is. And 8Dio has different "flash" sales every week.

Is there no rule that post titles in this forum require specific details of the sale, and that posts should be current?
If we would create a new thread everytime 8Dio has a sale the forum would be flooded with 8Dio sale threads. I think this is actually a good way.

Same person, different library though. I think I have both. Not my favorite, but I find 8dios soloists to sound kind of nasally and middle eastern maybe? Listen to the pieces. If this is the sound you want, it's a great deal.

Thanks mate.

8dio has a Francesca too? 8 bucks? Is it the same as Soundiron or completely different. Artistic picture makes me feel it's the same person...

Yes it's the same singer and it's worth the 8 bucks BUT it's very limited due to it only being phrase based, so it's more similar to a sample pack vs an instrument, however with that said the phrases are very usable and sound great for the $8 from my brief playing around with it last night. The voices of Gaia I believe has phrases + legato/vowels (hopefully have the terminology correct as I'm still learning) so it's more flexible and more like a proper vocal instrument

is requiem pro worth it if you have requiem light?
if you look a the (sample) contents then the pro version has more to offer.

For me mainly the way of working with pro is much better and leads quicker to a better sound then the light version for me. Light has no dynamics via cc1 for example, and alltough there are workarounds, this is exactly what then is needed, you work in other ways or have to implement tools, .... and then still I have a better sound with pro then with the light.

All in all, if you have the funds for pro, that is the better choice in my opinion

if you look a the (sample) contents then the pro version has more to offer.

For me mainly the way of working with pro is much better and leads quicker to a better sound then the light version for me. Light has no dynamics via cc1 for example, and alltough there are workarounds, this is exactly what then is needed, you work in other ways or have to implement tools, .... and then still I have a better sound with pro then with the light.

All in all, if you have the funds for pro, that is the better choice in my opinion

Do the soloists in pro have basic vowel patches like "ah, uh, oh"?

I always thought requiem light sounds great but maybe needs more work to get there than it should. If pro is easier to handle then maybe it's worth upgrading for me in a future sale. Thanks for the info!

Seems to work just fine here:

This 2nd tier page on this site seems to get like a couple posts a day, when there are dozens of sales going on all the time. Perhaps the audience here is here for other reasons than sales, which would be odd considering the forum topic.
True. But now that visited that forum I am salivating, haha. Do you know of other forums that are active like that for deals? Btw thanks to your link I know Cinesamples Chocolate Audio (fixed) has an up to 70% sale, lol

Last edited:
True. But now that visited that forum I am salivating, haha. Do you know pf other forums that are active like that for deals? Btw thanks to your li k ii know cinesames has an up to 70% sale, lol
t
KVR has a no chat deal only thread and a related thread for chatting about deals. They don't usually talk about orchestral library sales but most of the other stuff usually shows up there. I actually found VIC because I was looking for info on an orchestral library sale and got referred here.

Gearslutz has deal discussions but not in any set place.

Do the soloists in pro have basic vowel patches like "ah, uh, oh"?

I always thought requiem light sounds great but maybe needs more work to get there than it should. If pro is easier to handle then maybe it's worth upgrading for me in a future sale. Thanks for the info!
you're welcome.

I haven't as yet done much with the soloists so I have to check it when I have the time. I will let you know asap what they actually do.
(as you may know, Jeremy Soule has used these in the Skyrim scores so you may have an impression from what should be possible with them)

Last edited:
No. UP to 70%. Tutti is 70% if I had the money right now... I'd buy it: 369'ish for everything it seems.

EDIT: It's Chocolate Audio: MY BAD: :crying:
Well, 70% off the full cost of the individual products, not 70% off the bundle (though i guess that 70% still is 70%)

8dio is one of those developers which I never follow regularly as the majority of their products are quite out of my reach though they've seem to have sales relatively often in the last few years. A few years back, I've purchased Adagietto for abt. 100$. I'm glad that I've made this investment even they don't offer this library anymore and the fact that I've "gone" with Spitfire Audio for most part when it comes to strings and other orchestral instruments. Unfortunately, even with this generous discount, purchasing most of the products from 8dio would be a luxury which I simply cannot afford. But I'll likely take this opportunity to finally get "Free Angels"; this is on my radar for quite some time now but something always came in the way thus far.

What keeps me coming back to this thread is the humour in the thread title, pure brilliance. I laugh every-time I see it at the top of the VI control list and think, oh, another sale, already!
That's exactly why one thread is enough :P. Does it matter "which" sale is on? The moment the thread is on top again you know something's up. I love the thread title. It's not just pure brilliance, it's art.

Top Bottom