What's new

8dio is actually having a sale!

How do these compare to Oceania? More versatile, but not really necessary? Just a different flavor of loud choirs?

Would you bother getting either of these if you already had Oceania?
I don't have Oceana. But I looked at it when it was recently on sale and thought it was a lot more limited than anything I had. Going by the walkthroughs, it just does loud, epic stacatto choir. Which if you do game or trailer music, is perfect. Does it have legato? Lacrimosa has these lovely legato phrases that flow really well. Probably its biggest selling point. And if you are getting Lacrimosa, you might as well pay the extra $50 for Requiem if only for the soloists.

LOL! 8Dio should be paying me. ;)

I picked up Oceania for $99 recently, I entertained myself for hours after downloading! It's a must-have for any type of epic stuff, truly brilliant. No, it does not have legato or any type of word builder (I'm not sure what the choir is shouting, but it's cool).
Oceania's playability is unrivaled. It does have a limited repertory of things it can do. Still, if someone would do a soft choir version of Oceania, I'd pick it up in a minute.

Oceania's playability is unrivaled. It does have a limited repertory of things it can do. Still, if someone would do a soft choir version of Oceania, I'd pick it up in a minute.

I've fancied this a few times, yours and @Wolfie2112 comments have made my mind up. I like the simplistic approach it appears to have.
How are the mics? It is easy to blend with other reverbs?

Sorry 8DIO thread btw

Have Liberis and Requiem ….. considering Lacrimosa $ $98. Any User perspectives ?? :unsure:

Last edited:
I already have more than enough choirs, but man, I do always love stuff like this (from the Requiem description):

The choral effects allows you to do incredible things with the choir, including assorted body percussion (ex. stomp, clap, teeth-clack, whispers, rain-claps, thunder fx etc), deep-sampled consonant sounds (ex. s, k, w, pff, hhh, ch, mmm, phh, prrr, zzz, zhh etc), sweeps, numbers, trills, ambiences, glissandos, shrill and gender separated effects.

Even as 'Epic' lib ….. Bill Brown's Audio demo track "The Enchanted Night" has pulled me closer to purchase …..

I'm a little annoyed with 8Dio. I was on chat with customer service and asked if they were planning to update Adagietto to correct the problems it has. They asked, "What problems?" I told them about the odd sounds and tuning problems in a couple patches and the response was "We've never gotten any complaints or service requests." I said that a lot of people have complained about it and they say, "I don't see any emails from you." I just said never mind and left.

I can't believe they haven't had complaints from anyone. Also, I have emailed them before about getting an update and they have not responded.

I wonder if they'll offer a complete-your-bundle price for people who already own one of these.

Have (2) and this is their Reply minutes ago.
"We are not offering upgrades to the Choir Bundle for this sale."

I am a bit hesitant that there may be a much better way to add Lacrimosa later ??

Have Liberis and Requiem ….. considering Lacrimosa $ $98. Any User perspectives ?? :unsure:

I have Emperium, which is Lacrimosa with more mic positions and a second smaller choir included. I love it. It's not quite as epic as Oceania for the loud stuff but it's very flexible and does the soft stuff surprisingly well. I also have Requiem Pro but have barely touched it. It seems more cumbersome to use. Lacrimosa, you just load a patch, load a bank of syllables, and play. Easy.

Hmm, how is Req Pro compared to Requiem Light from SoundIron(which I have). Is it just more mic options or?

My vague recollection is that Requiem is from the Tonehammer days, ie. before the split into 8DIO and SoundIron, and as such share samples and probably a bit of programming. If the old naming holds, Requiem pro from 8DIO would be close to the old "pro" from tonehammer.

I have Emperium ******* I also have Requiem Pro but have barely touched it. It seems more cumbersome to use. Lacrimosa, you just load a patch, load a bank of syllables, and play. Easy.

Very helpful comments ! :thumbsup: No time pressure and trusting Lacrimosa will be available in Choir Bundle promo.
Will also consider Emperium depending on Upgrade cost.
THX !

Last edited:
I have been waiting for Strezov's summer sale...still waiting. Now if something like Insolidus or Silka were at this price, I might get them just because they are quite different.

What do you think the best sale might be on the Freya/Wotan bundle? Seems to be the most cutting edge legato programming out there on an adult choir....but $550 U.S. ? ...thats a bit of cash.

As for Insolidious or Silka? Should be a sale one day soon.

Top Bottom