8dio is actually having a sale!

Buz

Hmm was planning to pick up the drums today but the harps replaced it on the site about 9hrs earlier than the email seemed to indicate. I'm guessing buying now and hoping it's still on the backend is a bad idea.

Henu

I bought it about an hour ago and no gift :-(
What I didn't say is that there was about 6- hour gap between the actual purchase and my forum posting. So apparently, they had fixed it by then as it was clearly a mistake.

I started to think about it today, and it must have been due to the fact that the original price of the Oboe is exactly that $98 which qualifies for the free percussion. One small mistake in the automation process which doesn't realize that there is a sale on the product and the customer isn't paying the full price and boom- there you go.

Frank1985

Picked up Eternal Darkness yesterday with the Percussion Bundle as it seems they'd work well for trailer stuff. However, if I'd have known the harps would be on sale today...

I wish they'd just put everything on sale at the end of the month, that way we can pick and choose without fear of missing out on anything.

Last edited:

Manuel Stumpf

Unfortunately no Century Brass tomorrow. Looks like Century Harps is the suprise for not one, but two days!
On the VLOG page of 8Dio it shows Century Brass for tomorrow.
Maybe they have exchanged harp/Century Brass because today they needed a new gift and have decided Century Brass as gift is too big.
Well they advertised a crazy sale, which exactly it is, lol

sphore

A truly surprising new e-mail for sure :whistling:
I didn't care for 8Dio during the complete BF time at all. Now they made themselves truly unforgetable.

So what is the free gift now? And where is the Century Brass Bundle exactly on offer?

Sarah Mancuso

Esselfortium
Looks like Century Harps is the gift right now for purchases above $98. Email says Century Brass Bundle is $248, which is $10 more than it was on sale for last month, but if it's coming with Century Harps that's pretty nice. I don't see it actually on their website yet, though.

Manuel Stumpf

Lol. Email says 48 hours, but end of the deal will be 08.12. already and it did not even start.
And the Century Brass announcement link in the email is missing too. :laugh:

sphore

Suppose we would get Century Brass Bundle with Requiem tomorrow (I know I'm crazy here having those wild irrational thoughts), what is the main selling point of the Century Brass Bundle for somebody not owning Century Strings? Goes it well with Anthology Strings?
CSB doesn't cost much more, for example.
I have NISS Brass for a little bit more punch. And also the Brass of Nucleus.
What I am mainly missing would be a Brass library in the Trailer Brass category, which this is not, I guess.
So this would be more of the same I already have? Or has this a different (emotional) flavor, that you just don't get with other libraries?
The sound reminded me of John Williams in some arrangements.

Gerbil

Suppose we would get Century Brass Bundle with Requiem tomorrow (I know I'm crazy here having those wild irrational thoughts), what is the main selling point of the Century Brass Bundle for somebody not owning Century Strings? Goes it well with Anthology Strings?
CSB doesn't cost much more, for example.
I have NISS Brass for a little bit more punch. And also the Brass of Nucleus.
What I am mainly missing would be a Brass library in the Trailer Brass category, which this is not, I guess.
So this would be more of the same I already have? Or has this a different (emotional) flavor, that you just don't get with other libraries?
The sound reminded me of John Williams in some arrangements.
You can use CB with most orchestral sample libraries. Just because they have Century in the title doesn't mean they're only supposed to be used with others in the series.

As to whether you'd prefer it or not to CSB is entirely personal. It's as easy to play and has many more articulations including real mutes. But CSB has been cleverly programmed so that you can switch out one instrument and replace it with another and the performance will remain the same which might appeal to your workflow. I personally think CB is the better library but it's quite a close call in many ways.

Both have a wide dynamic range so you could do trailer music with them, although I'd be saving my cash for the JXL library if that is the main stylistic aim.

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
Well so far no excitement for me. I've pretty much got these all from previous 8dio sales. I don't have Century Brass or AGE. Oh well, guess I can save some money. :)

sphore

You can use CB with most orchestral sample libraries. Just because they have Century in the title doesn't mean they're only supposed to be used with others in the series.

As to whether you'd prefer it or not to CSB is entirely personal. It's as easy to play and has many more articulations including real mutes. But CSB has been cleverly programmed so that you can switch out one instrument and replace it with another and the performance will remain the same which might appeal to your workflow. I personally think CB is the better library but it's quite a close call in many ways.

Both have a wide dynamic range so you could do trailer music with them, although I'd be saving my cash for the JXL library if that is the main stylistic aim.
Great and very helpful reply! Thank you!

I really like the emotional element of Anthology and CB. Am I wrong with the impression, that CB reminds me somehow on Star Wars?

Going with CSS, CB and Anthology instead of either CSS&CSB or CS&CB feels a little bit wrong somehow. But financially would be the most reasonable solution. CSB remains at it's price anyways, no matter when I'm investing. I still don't think this is a brilliant strategy on their part. But had a talk with the guys over there in Australia. Seem to be great people. And they have a business strategy, that I can at least understand and respect. The marketing strategy of 8Dio is far more entertaining, on the other hand.

For trailer brass I have an eye on ... well, Trailer Brass. Their BF strategy was also entertaining. Doing their sale before BF... I just wasn't prepared and didn't know, that I could use their libraries. I mean, aren't 4 Brass libraries enough? Of course they aren't... stupid me. They are covering a special niche, that becomes relevant, after you covered your bases. You just don't do your sale in this niche, before people realise, that they are still missing some sections in their template. At least they lost me with this strategy.

At least 8Dio did this right with their december sale. I absolutely had no time looking into their vast sale during BF and CM. Now with all the crazy no-brainer sales for half a million in total gone for another 11 months, I have all the time in the world to look at their libraries. Maybe they aren't that bad at all in some areas?

JXL Library is sure interesting, but I guess I can have CSB, CB and Trailer Brass together for even less money than just JXL. I could even think about saving the leftover money. Because people don't care/know anyways. When I strolled through the virtual halls of 8Dio.com, I came across the 8Dio Progressive Metal Guitar Instrument. The guitar sound of this Progressive Metal Guitar Instrument sounds so obviously artificial. And people on soundcloud celebrate this Cyber Djent Demo tracks found on the product page as if this would be played by the Yngwie Malmsteen of Djent himself. These demo tracks are just some programmed Techno in the end. I mean, you don't have to like Yngwie, but he still has a point... If people don't care, at least Yngwie cares!

And no matter what I do, I still should give NISS Brass some love and try to get it in my template somewhere. If they can loud, than they shall do LOUD!!! And if they can't, maybe Musical Sampling will have their pre-BF sale again in early November 2020 again.

sphore

Oh wait, did I just recommend that you should get 8Dio Progressive Metal Guitar Instrument on their next sale to do some Djent tracks to impress some random people? Don't learn an instrument! Just spend some money on some VSTs on some crazy no-brainer sales. And of course don't forget to speed up your guitar playing videos on youtube, instragram and tinder.

Fortunately I have still two days to decide, if I should get CB over CSB for roughely half the price (I'm looking at you, VAT!!!).