What's new

8Dio Intimate Studio Woodwinds

wst3

my office these days
I like the sound of the 8Dio intimate series. I'm not sure I have a real use for it at the moment, but I really like it. I will purchase strings, winds, and especially brass when they are on sale, or when I have a real use for them. It is an interesting approach, and one that is not too common.

jaketanner

Now you have my attention... :dancedance:

Seriously peeked my interest there!
Just in time as I was eyeing up the Berlin Soloists too :rolleyes:
The only issue is when. They are working on a lot of things it seems, and they're a small company...so I am keeping my fingers crossed for it to be at least over the summer.

leogardini

Since 8Dio has a bit of a reputation for "overdressing" their demos, and since the instruments are presented here with a geeenerous amount of reverb (except for a few short moments where they actually are raw:)), and since this product is marketed as "intimate"---

And since I recognize at least two of the demos from brilliant fellow VIC forum members
@DarkestShadow @leogardini (bravo gents)

I wonder if it would be possible to hear those demos naked, i.e. just the woodwinds isolated and with a minimum of processing so that we can see the more intimate side of these instruments? Or, if not those demos, any naked examples of these winds please? :emoji_sunglasses:
From my demo you can hear the minimum processing you are looking for. I haven't done anything else other than add a little of reverb on them.
Thanks for listening!

jon wayne

I'm liking the sound pretty much. Haven't heard just the clarinet. On the fence:It sounds like these players were in the same booth, bumping elbows. Out of that context...I don't know about their flexibility.

Robert_G

It really is just an expensive hobby for me
Has anyone tried these in an orchestral setting? I tried them out of the box at a buddy's house and these winds just might be the real deal.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Now some very 'contrasty' comment over on COMMERCIAL Thread. Wondering if the 'reverb' issue is involved in these diverse impressions …. perhaps related to 'synthy' experiences ?

Hate to miss -50% Promo for this Library if there are 'fixes' to applied …..

Last edited:
Top Bottom