What's new

8Dio Flash Sale The New Epic Percussion

The New Epic Percussion Flash Sale

Epics_banners.jpg

For the next 48 hours, all of our Epic Ensemble Percussion are on sale including our Epic Taikos, Epic Dhols, Epic Toms, and Epic Frame Drums, and yes you can also combine this sale with our Custom Bundle Maker (broken link removed)

- The New Epic Taiko Ensemble -

The New Epic Taiko Ensemble is the most comprehensive and deep-sampled collection of large-scale Epic Taiko Ensembles on the market. The library is a completely remastered, redesigned and reprogrammed edition of our original Epic Taiko Ensemble. The New Epic Taiko Ensemble contains over 2.900 samples, two microphone positions, a built-in articulation browser, internal step-sequencer, front-face FX, textural convolutions, and our newest 3.4 Chaos Engine. The New Epic Taiko Ensemble features the highly renowned Taiko Ensemble group: Emeryville Taiko lead by master, Susan Horn. The recordings lasted over a week, which allowed us to capture an unprecedented amount of content. Epic Taiko Ensemble contains four main categories of samples: Multi-sampled Taiko Ensemble (10 round robin for all articulations), Live Loops of the Taiko Ensemble, and an assortment of other sounds associated to Taiko (ex. ensemble screams, yells, yell-hits, percussive cannon (Tekkan) and presets.

- The New Epic Dhol Ensemble -

The New Epic Dhol Ensemble is the most comprehensive and deep-sampled collection of large-scale Epic Dhol Ensembles on the market. The library is a completely remastered, redesigned and reprogrammed edition of our original Epic Dhol Ensemble. The New Epic Dhol Ensemble contains over 2.000 samples, built-in articulation browser, internal step-sequencer, front-face FX, textural convolutions and our newest 3.3 Chaos Engine. The New Epic Dhol Ensemble VST consists of a large ensemble of Punjab Dhol drums and recorded them in the same orchestral hall as our New Epic Toms Ensemble. The Punjab Dhol is a double-sided barrel drum large and bulky to produce the preferred loud bass. The drum consists of a wooden barrel with animal hide or synthetic skin stretched over its open ends, covering them completely. These skins can be stretched or loosened with a tightening mechanism made up of either interwoven ropes, or nuts and bolts. Tightening or loosening the skins subtly alters the pitch of the drum sound. The stretched skin on one of the ends is thicker and produces a deep, low frequency (higher bass) sound and the other thinner one produces a higher frequency sound. In contemporary Punjabi music, dhols with synthetic, or plastic, treble skins are very common.

- The New Epic Toms -

The New Epic Toms Ensemble is the most comprehensive and deep-sampled collection of large-scale Epic Toms Ensemble on the market. The library is a completely remastered, redesigned and reprogrammed edition of our original Epic Toms Ensemble. The New Epic Toms Ensemble contains over 2.400 samples, built-in articulation browser, internal step-sequencer, front-face FX, textural convolutions, and our newest 3.4 Chaos Engine. Epic Toms Ensemble is a large multi-sample library dedicated to massive ensemble percussion. We captured a variety of power articulations, using a combination of high-tuned 10″ – 14″ toms, roto-toms and octabans, various floor toms, bass drums, and custom-designed mega-toms. Perfect for raging battle scenes or when you just need a really loud boom. We highly recommend trying it with our New Epic Dhol Ensemble, New Epic Frame Drums, and Small Epic Percussion. All extensively recorded by some of the very best percussionists* in the world, in a high-ceiling glass, stone, and tile hall specifically designed for sample recording.

- The New Epic Frame Drums -

The New Epic Frame-drum Ensemble contains deep-sampled Irish Bodhrán drums, North African Tar drums, Egyptian Riqs, Persian Dafs, and North American tribal drums. We captured them in a large A-frame chapel for an authentic, naturally massive sound that no artificial algorithmic or convolution reverb can truly simulate. We recorded them in a small chamber (divisi) sections and full ensemble groupings and covering both traditional and expanded playing styles and articulations. This library is ideal for powerful epic scoring and any composition that calls for massive sounding percussion. We also captured a huge bonus collection of +1.100 BPM-based performance loops (80-140 BPM). The loops include automatic tempo-syncing functionality that allows them to be matched to a fairly wide range of custom project tempos. This library is designed to work with other frame drum libraries, solo frame drums, which is a deep-sampled assortment of solo frame drums.

Last edited:
Sometimes I can't believe what I read. You guys remind me of a kid who gets a birthday card from his grandparents with $50 in it, and instead of saying thank you, you complain that you got $60 the year before.

A sale offered by a developer, regardless of the amount or reason, is a gift. I fully understand the importance of discussing sales to help other members plan their purchases, but to do it in the same thread as the developer's offer is pretty graceless.

8Dio has been very generous with giving away a lot of libraries lately. Instead of berating them for their sale, how about a "thank you?"

[Edit: One of the posts to which I was responding was voluntarily deleted.]

Last edited:
A sale offered by a developer, regardless of the amount or reason, is a gift.

No, it's not. It's a price discrimination strategy -- especially the way 8dio does it, where the prices are constantly changing and the theoretical base price means next to nothing. That's fine, a good strategy, even, but rational consumers seek our price history information and, unless they need or want the product right away, hold off for a better deal if it seems likely there will be one. There's nothing personal going on here, just people sharing price and sale information, which is much of the point of this forum. I can't imagine Troels has hurt feelings about it.

rational consumers seek our price history information and, unless they need or want the product right away, hold off for a better deal if it seems likely there will be one

It's a wonderful service to inform members that you've seen bigger sales, and it's fine to criticize a company's sales tactics, but for goodness sake, take it to another thread. To upbraid a paying advertiser's discount offer in their own thread is so tactless.

it's fine to criticize a company's sales tactics, but for goodness sake, take it to another thread. To upbraid a paying advertiser's discount offer in their own thread is so tactless.

Who's upbraiding? Who's criticizing? People provided information. I respect LOMP's decision to take their post down, but it was, in point of fact, a very neutral post. It didn't say "8dio are a bunch of jerks, can you believe it???" It just provided price history. You are the one who made things personal, comparing your fellow forum-goers to ungrateful children. Come on.

hmm. i paid like 39 or 33 euros for epic taikos and also the same amount for solo taiko. cannot remember exact price, but it was quite a bit lower than this sale.

but it was, in point of fact, a very neutral post.

You're missing my point, so I'll restate it. I think it's very good to provide information regarding previous sale prices and sales trends for the benefit of consumers, but to do it in the same thread where the paying developer posted, right underneath their ad, is grossly disrespectful because it serves to negate their ad. When an art critic criticizes an art exhibit, he publishes his review in the paper. He doesn't tape it to the artwork.

comparing your fellow forum-goers to ungrateful children

Personally, it drives me nuts when developers post sale announcements -- especially developers known to have given away freebies -- and a handful of people will immediately assert that the discount isn't as good as it could or should be... right to the developer's face. That just blows my mind.

8Dio bring it on themselves with their ultra low flash sales affecting the perceived good price to buy.

Yes, I think it's fair to say that any developer who offers high discount sales is responsible for helping to instigate the discussion of their sales strategies, but it's still 100% the forum member's decision to decide how and where to start those discussions.

--

One other general point to consider... when you compare a current sale to earlier, higher discount sales, keep in mind those earlier sales were not during a worldwide pandemic. It's affecting developers differently. I trust that developers are utilizing the sales strategies they feel are best under the circumstances. This belief is a courtesy I extend to 8Dio and every other developer out there.

They are all good libraries. 8Dio does good percussion, especially unusual stuff.

I may have paid more for some and less for others. I buy a lot of the buy one, get X free sales, so it is really hard to say what the value of the libraries are.

You're missing my point, so I'll restate it.

No, I haven't missed it -- I just don't agree. A sale announcement isn't art, it's business. This isn't even an announcement of a new product. It's literally just an ad about pricing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that (this is the place for it) but 8dio is not laying its tender heart bare -- it's asking people to spend money. This is very much the thread in which to discuss the business aspects of that ask. To insist that people go to another thread to discuss pricing every time a dev posts a sale would needlessly inflate the number of threads.

And, again, no one was being critical or tearing 8dio or their products down. They were simply talking about whether this was the best pricing. It was all pretty civil!

No, I haven't missed it -- I just don't agree. A sale announcement isn't art, it's business. This isn't even an announcement of a new product. It's literally just an ad about pricing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that (this is the place for it) but 8dio is not laying its tender heart bare -- it's asking people to spend money. This is very much the thread in which to discuss the business aspects of that ask. To insist that people go to another thread to discuss pricing every time a dev posts a sale would needlessly inflate the number of threads.

And, again, no one was being critical or tearing 8dio or their products down. They were simply talking about whether this was the best pricing. It was all pretty civil!

I agree 100% and just to put it in perspective, all 4 libs were bundled as a free gift if you spent $98 during the 2019 christmas sale.

Im sorry but potential customers have the right to know that. In fact i would feel guilty for not warning them

I agree 100% and just to put it in perspective, all 4 libs were bundled as a free gift if you spent $98 during the 2019 christmas sale.
Im sorry but potential customers have the right to know that. In fact i would feel guilty for not warning them

I agree with you 100% that people benefit by having this information. But how are you benefiting 8Dio when your words serve to lure consumers away from their current sale? 8Dio is the one who generously offered the bundle as a free gift for Christmas. Now you're going to thank them for their generosity by posting right underneath their ad that their current sale isn't up to par?

Those of you who know me are aware that I very rarely go on the offensive on this forum. It's just not my style. But after what I read, I had to speak up to make a specific point:

A couple of you participating in this thread seem to believe "members helping members" applies to consumers only -- as if it's all about grabbing the best price in a member-vs.-developer environment. In my opinion, developers who post here are equal members. By all means help your fellow consumer members by discussing past and current sales, but if that discussion is going to start with a complaint about a current sale price being offered by a developer member, then help that developer by at least being respectful enough to take your complaint away from their paid ad and into a new thread.

What I'm asking is not a forum rule. It's just a voluntary act of courtesy toward developer members that I would like you to consider. Ultimately, if or how you choose to respect developer members is entirely up to you.

I won't be able to make my opinion any more concise than what I wrote in this post, so on that note I will exit the thread with my apologies to 8Dio and everyone else for derailing it. PMs are welcome.

In my opinion, developers who post here are equal members.

You're right. That's a totally fair point. I definitely don't want to support slagging the devs (and I don't think anybody intended to, me included), and it's good that they participate here. We may just have different views on where to draw the line in discussing buying strategies in threads like this -- I can respect that.

And as my own apology to 8dio for also contributing to the derailing, let me just say: Epic Toms is a great library, and everybody should check it out!

Sometimes I can't believe what I read. You guys remind me of a kid who gets a birthday card from his grandparents with $50 in it, and instead of saying thank you, you complain that you got $60 the year before.

A sale offered by a developer, regardless of the amount or reason, is a gift. I fully understand the importance of discussing sales to help other members plan their purchases, but to do it in the same thread as the developer's offer is pretty graceless.

8Dio has been very generous with giving away a lot of libraries lately. Instead of berating them for their sale, how about a "thank you?"

[Edit: One of the posts to which I was responding was voluntarily deleted.]

Very hassle free as well. I know people complain it's Kontakt only but I would thing by now anyone serious in music making would have Kontakt by now. Sometimes it gets annoying with free items that require a proprietary downloader and a player.

Top Bottom