What's new

8Dio Flash Sale Alternative Ensemble Weekend

8Dio Alternative Ensemble Weekend

Banner3.png

CAGE (Custom Aleatoric Group Effects)

Welcome to CAGE bundle for Strings, Brass & Woodwinds – the most comprehensive collection of Orchestral Effects ever done. CAGE comes in three dedicated volumes for Strings, Brass, and Woodwinds and each volume contains 9 microphone positions. The microphones are divided into two core groups: Ensemble (Close, Mixed, Decca, Far, Wide) and Divisi (Spot Mic 1, 2, 3, and 4). So whether you want full ensemble or more chamber (divisi) oriented FX – it's all there at your fingertips. The CAGE Bundle contains all three volumes of CAGE. We wanted to create something definitive and unrivaled. It is near impossible to find an effect not covered. The incredible depth of articulations is supported by our custom CAGE Chaos Engine, which contains over 80.000 lines of code.

The New Age Volume 1 & 2

The New AGE Volume 1 and 2 contains nine 9 grand ensembles including a Concert Harp Ensemble, Cimbalom Ensemble, Marimba Ensemble, Wind Chime Ensemble, Grand Piano Ensemble, Acoustic Guitar Ensemble, Tubular Bells Ensemble, Xylophone Ensemble, Glockenspiel Ensemble, and various Synthesized elements. Each Ensemble comes with ten custom synths, derived from the source content and totaling ninety distinct sound sets. We also included forty Ambiences made by the great ambient sound designer, Steve Tavaglione. With various organic synths and complex ambiances, you will always be able to find the perfect sound to complement each of the Ensembles.

CASE (Custom Aleatoric Solo Effects)

The CASE bundle contains all three CASE volumes for Strings, Brass, and Woodwinds with a total of 6 microphone positions. The mics are divided into two core groups: Hall (Close, Far, Wide and Mixed) and Soloist 1 (Spot 1) and Soloist 2 (Spot 2). We wanted to create something definitive and unrivaled. It is near impossible to find an effect not covered. The incredible depth of articulations is supported by our custom CASE Chaos Engine, which contains over 80.000 lines of code. The CASE Chaos Engine allows you to take complete control of the samples and you can control over 1.500 sample parameters with a single click. In addition, you can also randomize all the rack-fx (ex. trance-gate, filters, EQ). So imagine having the deepest set of articulations with an incredibly intuitive and powerful Chaos Engine. An infinity of possibilities.

Noticed these are still on sale. I grabbed a copy of AGE Vol 1 (Pianos, Guitars, Mallets etc) and had a quick test play with it. It's great fun and very diverse and flexible. Here's a rough sketch to give you an idea (everything is AGE Vol 1 except the subtle percussion which comes in around 00:09, and the bass line and string swells which come in around 00:57

I wonder what happened with 8dio. They were quite aggressive with these sales for awhile, now its completely silent. Latest sales are still on, for example Majestica sale during mother's day is still going on. Its like they lost connection to their own servers :)

Maybe they figured since they get nothing but grief for posting good deals here they decided not to anymore lol.

Reactions: Buz
Maybe they figured since they get nothing but grief for posting good deals here they decided not to anymore lol.

The last several weeks have not been good deals....not even close to the prices they offered on the same products in the recent past.

Ok Robert. I know you like got everything from that for like $20. We all know that by now.

Lol. I didn't get them all that cheap....well some things I did.

But look at the Cage special right now. 148 dollars each. That's $444 dollars for the set
2019 Christmas time they had $148 for the whole set of 3, plus you got Symphonic Shadows as a free gift.

Case is the same. $98 each..$294 for the whole set, but Christmas 2019 had the whole set of 3 for $98 plus Symphonic Shadows as a free gift.

I realize that all sales aren't the same....but this is rediculous.

444 - 30 percent more on top of that because you can put it in the bundler. So $311 for all 3. Not a bad deal. But if your bar is comparing everyting to Black Friday and Christmas nothing out there is probably a good deal anywhere. Truth is people probably should wait to buy anything from anyone until the holidays. But I'm tired of your logic so I'm just going to ignore you from here on out.

444 - 30 percent more on top of that because you can put it in the bundler. So $311 for all 3. Not a bad deal. But if your bar is comparing everyting to Black Friday and Christmas nothing out there is probably a good deal anywhere. Truth is people probably should wait to buy anything from anyone until the holidays. But I'm tired of your logic so I'm just going to ignore you from here on out.

My bad...I forgot about the bundler, but it's still a crazy price difference.
Do you work for 8dio?

Yes, 8dio's pricing has been erratic lately, Maybe they are shooting for some consistency. I bought the Cage bundle around Christmas when it was a true bargain. I really recommend that library if you like those kinds of orchestral effects. The brass version is especially good because it has some very playable patches that can be used for many mainstream styles as well. The kicker with all three Cage volumes is the depth of the way they were recorded, and their versatility for mixing. They make even the rudest, dissonant effects sound wonderful. If you use these layered over Sonokinetik's Espressivo you can empty a large room in mere seconds time. Just great for on hold call background music and for cute puppy videos. Go for it!

Still waiting for Intimate Strings to go on sale. It was something daft like 70% a few months back. I just want them for the poly-legato arcs.

Top Bottom