What's new

8dio Century Woodwinds?

doctoremmet

Since @ChrisSiuMusic has taught me “ask and you shall receive” I figured I’d just copy him, and get this thread going too.

2020 has been an excellent year for 8dio, at least strictly creatively speaking. We all know Troels, Tawnia, Colin cum suis have had to deal with Covid like the rest of us, and on top of that with crazy wildfires, so by no means would I ever want to imply this past year has been excellent in any other way.

Highlights for me have been the Fire solo instruments, the Emotional Guitar release, the Studio Quartet solo strings, and the undisputed highlight: Century Strings 2.0!

I am looking forward to expand my Century range with CW! Although I have to say I am happy with my fairly recent purchase of Intimate Studio Woodwinds, a true deep-sampled solo orchestral wind library with the Century interface would be great!

Now, let’s all speculate.

Last edited:
I happen to know that the Century Ostinato Woodwind recordings have survived the wildfires. I asked.

These were originally intended to be released before CS 2.0 and most of the deep solo instruments if I remember correctly.

The idea behind doing ostinatos first is that the Claire woodwinds are a useful alternative to a regular Century Woodwinds library. (Troels posted that on this forum somewhere a long time ago. Again if I remember correctly.)

Since @ChrisSiuMusic has taught me “ask and you shall receive” I figured I’d just copy him, and get this thread going too.

2020 has been an excellent year for 8dio, at least strictly creatively speaking. We all know Troels, Tawnia, Colin cum suis have had to deal with Covid like the rest of us, and on top of that with crazy wildfires, so by no means would I ever want to imply this past year has been excellent in any other way.

Highlights for me have been the Fire solo instruments, the Emotional Guitar release, the Studio Quartet solo strings, and the undisputed highlight: Century Strings 2.0!

I am looking forward to expand my Century range with CW! Although I have to say I am happy with my fairly recent purchase of Intimate Studio Woodwinds, a true deep-sampled solo orchestral wind library with the Century interface would be great!

Now, let’s all speculate.
Honestly I am finding it hard to not find the Fire series the most expressive brass (And sax) on the market! The instruments are directionally focused in a mix, and full of life and character as brass always is. Even embedded for soloist within Century Brass? (Style pending) just like real brass players, it feels like the Fire Series is striving to reach "the note", and these Instruments do exactly that! I just picked a few up on Black Friday and I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally impressed! Great job guys! (Not to highjack your woodwind thread, but since you mentioned the Fire Series, I thought I would chime in ;p)

What about the actual content of CW?
13 or 14 solo instruments? Arcs. Ostinatos released separately of course, as usual. Ensembles and solos though right? Like the brass?

I wonder if the release of the Ostinato Woodwinds means that Century Woodwinds are not too far away now.

I'm not sure I need the Ostinato Woodwinds. But, very interested in Century Woodwinds.

I wonder if the release of the Ostinato Woodwinds means that Century Woodwinds are not too far away now.

I'm not sure I need the Ostinato Woodwinds. But, very interested in Century Woodwinds.
I gather at least the recording has been done but would be curious to find out what instruments are included.

I gather at least the recording has been done but would be curious to find out what instruments are included.
Hopefully the real Century Woodwinds follow this month so I can complete with some little things in sale right now and use the bigger bundler (30%).
I could have done it right now if I waited with buying Anthology, which I grabbed in March. Who could then assume that they would still be on sale when the first parts of Century Woodwinds arise?
So I lose more money than necessary. :sad:

Top Bottom