1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8Dio Century Ensemble Strings

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by MillsMixx, Nov 9, 2017.

1. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Wow, 27 articulations! Don't care for the artificial panning, but might be worth the trouble of running close mic's only through MIR, if the library turns out to be that good. So they really did all 27 art's both with and without mutes?

2. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I'm sure it's going to be quiet good. As long a they also will post dry examples (driest possible) and details about controlling the so-often-exaggerated portamentos, I'm happy. I think the days are over where most users (at least on this forum) are happy with only wet demos.

3. quantum7

quantum7 1 more year until I turn 50...then it's all over.

When is this supposed to be released? I'm pretty happy with my strings currently, but I thought that I was happy already with my choirs....then I bought Insolidus and....became even happier. :)

Ultraxenon, Vastman and MillsMixx like this.
  4. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
  5. dhowarthmusic

dhowarthmusic Senior Member

Just saw 8Dio uploaded this video about Century Strings

6. rottoy

rottoy Gentleman Scholar

May 12, 2013
    It was posted on the previous page, but a bump cannot hurt! ;)

7. procreative

procreative Senior Member

Mar 12, 2013
    United Kingdom
    That GUI is the same one used in Anthology pretty much. Cannot quite see what makes this such a leap from Adagio/Anthology (so far). And its all still centrally panned...

8. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I'm curios about why there's vibrato when the vib controller is all the way down?

9. givemenoughrope

givemenoughrope Senior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I wonder if there is a discount for full Adagio/Agitato owners. The redux of the line never worked for me and was kind of a big disappointment. This sounds nice though.

jamwerks likes this.
  10. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Pretty reasonable price Imo. Looking forward to the walk-through!

11. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Sounds great. Although a lot of it is arcs which already sound great it adagio/anthology. And in the places where anthology has been cleaned up properly, I'm not sure I can hear much difference at a first listen.

I had a notion though that century was about getting those dynamic arcs into he main legato articulations somehow, but perhaps I got that wrong. It also looks like the main concept of adagio/ agitato has been abandoned, which is a shame. Hopefully I'm wrong. Look forward to seeing the walkthrough.

12. Zhao Shen

Zhao Shen StormSound

Jul 8, 2014

I think Troels' reasoning behind recording sections centered is valid. Plus he makes a point of showing viewers how he might replicate a traditional seating arrangement. Center panning doesn't give us the same peace of mind that traditional panning does, but I think the difference is negligible. Plus the rest of the library sounds stellar.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Yeah the sound is incredible. One can easily be fooled that these are live strings playing. But that's only for slow/lyrical melodies so far as they haven't yet demoed fast playing.

14. aaronventure

aaronventure Senior Member

Apr 10, 2017
  15. Zhao Shen

Zhao Shen StormSound

Jul 8, 2014
    Yeah that part at 7:15 was very cool. It's impossible for most libraries play that line without very obviously exposing themselves as virtual instruments. Even cooler that those are the close mics.

16. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Why Anthology is more expensive (around $100 more) than the Century Strings bundle ? just curious...

17. camelot

camelot Senior Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Interesting characteristic sound. The legato sounds quite good and seems playable. I do not find the close mics sounding that close actually. They might not have the tail but the reverb sound is clearly there. Sounds as wet as CSS out-of-the-box with its mix mic. Might be even my go-to mics. Don't know how good this works with MIR tough. But the build-in panning options seem to work well.

18. LamaRose

LamaRose Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Tons of rosin... shades of LASS... incredible tone and detail.

19. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Adagio is also more expensive than Century Strings.

20. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Even at 70% off.