What's new

8DIO Century Brass

Looks like they're further developing the gui. I hope that "splacement" is a real tool (with delays) and not just panning!

Looking forward to this!

Also hoping that we can assign a value for the CC for the slot control. That was possible with Agitato but since disappeared! :mad:

Hi HBen,

Are you sure about this? Last I recall, I believe these GUI screenshots were actually different designs 8dio were testing with before deciding the final looks with what we have for version 1.0.
Yes. You’re Right. No GUI update my friends. Colin is working on new mixes for the Century libraries.

Hi HBen,

Are you sure about this? Last I recall, I believe these GUI screenshots were actually different designs 8dio were testing with before deciding the final looks with what we have for version 1.0.

Not sure about this, I just cited them from 8Dio's facebook page...

That pretty much has to be new. There's more features than on anything that I've already seen.

Yes. You’re Right. No GUI update my friends. Colin is working on new mixes for the Century libraries.

I truly hope they do not do to Century Brass what they did with Adagio and Agitato with the move to Anthology. The library sounds worse. I’m afraid they’re gonna do some weird panning thing and then the sound changes. I haven’t purchased it yet, but now I have reservations even more.

Guys,

Just a quick note regarding both Century Brass, Strings and Sordino Strings. We're working on a free Century 2.0 update that contains the following:

1)A Second Mix option which is more ambient and warm (closer to some of the other major commercial libraries). All Instruments will be "pre placed" into traditional orchestral seating positions within this mix.

2)Presets, and "performance" patches, designed for quick template building. Ensemble patches for Strings.

3)EQ presets from Colin and Troels templates (using Fabfilter and others) to MIX Century effectively with other major orchestral libraries.

Thanks,

Colin

Colin,

As I am getting ready to purchase this library, I have a question about the update. I also have the Adagio/Agitato series and Anthology as well. I sincerely hope, that the you will not do what you did with the Anthology series to get the "proper" panning of the instruments. Whatever happened to Anthology, was in my opinion, a degradation of the beautiful rich sound of the adagio/Agitato libraries. Please please...do not go down this route just to make some changes in panning...If you can assure me the sound will not be altered in any way from the current library, I will bite :)

Hopefully you will also address the release samples and other little bugs that the majority of people are complaining about. :) Thank you!!!

Colin,

As I am getting ready to purchase this library, I have a question about the update. I also have the Adagio/Agitato series and Anthology as well. I sincerely hope, that the you will not do what you did with the Anthology series to get the "proper" panning of the instruments. Whatever happened to Anthology, was in my opinion, a degradation of the beautiful rich sound of the adagio/Agitato libraries. Please please...do not go down this route just to make some changes in panning...If you can assure me the sound will not be altered in any way from the current library, I will bite :)

Hopefully you will also address the release samples and other little bugs that the majority of people are complaining about. :) Thank you!!!
Should be O.K. Anthology was using algorithm concepts similar to the Virtual Sound Stage plugin by Parallax Audio. (If not, the software's technology might have been integrated into Anthology as a quick solution?) Regardless, anytime you crush beautiful wide samples into a more refined stereo field there is going to be inherent phase shifting... That issue is unavoidable... However, I believe to combat this Colin was manually going to be panning Century to taste from what I recall? (At least that was how I interpreted his last status update : ) Manually panning thousands of samples for each mic position would definitely take a while to accomplish- hence the wait : )

Should be O.K. Anthology was using algorithm concepts similar to the Virtual Sound Stage plugin by Parallax Audio. (If not, the software's technology might have been integrated into Anthology as a quick solution?) Regardless, anytime you crush beautiful wide samples into a more refined stereo field there is going to be inherent phase shifting... That issue is unavoidable... However, I believe to combat this Colin was manually going to be panning Century to taste from what I recall? (At least that was how I interpreted his last status update : ) Manually panning thousands of samples for each mic position would definitely take a while to accomplish- hence the wait : )

The wait is fine, just don’t wanna go backwards in tone. :) thanks for the reply

Top Bottom