What's new

8Dio are hiring. Digital Content Manager (SoundPaint) & Youtubers

doctoremmet

I just had this in my email. I figure it may be an interesting position for a forum member that would be looking for something just like this.

For what it’s worth, coming from me - the local 8Dio fanboy of course - this seems an exciting opportunity. The teaser videos that were dropped past summer for Soundpaint did sound very promising.

“Hi Temme,

8Dio is currently expanding and looking for full and part-time hires, including a Digital Content Manager that can help us the brand - and assist in the launch of our new revolutionary Soundpaint technology. The Digital Content Manager must have experience with Hubspot, Adwords, SEM and SEO implementation and excellent writing skills. Click here for more information.

We are also looking for several other positions, including DSP Programmers, Kontakt Scripters, Video Editors, Youtubers, Support staff etc.

Hope to hear from you!”

Last edited:
@8Dio Productions No idea whether they would be interested in showcasing Soundpaint at all, but a couple of my favourite Youtubers around here are @Simeon, @ChrisSiuMusic and @ThomCSounds

Edit for clarification:
I’m not proposing you hire these gents, but would love for them to receive review copies of Soundpaint (or other instruments for that matter), seeing that you’re also looking for Youtubers ;)

Last edited:
Having done some contracting work with 8dio, I wouldn't recommend working for them as a company. Without going into details (NDA), my experience with them was not fantastic. Bad communication, being asked to redo weeks of work because the initial directions from the company were not finalized before they got sent to me, etc. And since I've stopped actively working for them, I have had several bad experiences with upper-level employees. I'm sure other people have loved working for them, but I'm just sharing my experience with them.

Hmmm. I'm completely unqualified for all positions. But lend me a prophet XL and I'll make vids. Plus, what the heck is sound paint anyway?

Sorry to hear that. Also, I wasn’t really looking for feedback like this either but of course you’re well within your right to put it here. For me it means I shall now bail out of my own thread, because really I was merely trying to do both people on here and a favourite developer of mine a favour. ;)

I mean... there are a lot of stories about them (and dealing with them - attitude). One of the reasons I avoid their products
Maybe create a separate thread then? To share those experiences? My experience has been nothing but positive.

Anyway. I get it. Have fun y’all :-(

Maybe create a separate thread then? To share those experiences? My experience has been nothing but positive.

Anyway. I get it. Have fun y’all :-(
Well that got awkward ;)

As an owner of plenty of their libraries myself I only have good things to say as a customer
Multiple times they have helped me out with purchases or offers

Last edited:
Just took a look at the website and couldn't see any information about these on their jobs page. Do you have any links to the job description or where to apply? Thanks

(I see your original post says "click here" but the link doesn't seem to have copied over)

Just took a look at the website and couldn't see any information about these on their jobs page. Do you have any links to the job description or where to apply? Thanks

(I see your original post says "click here" but the link doesn't seem to have copied over)
Hold on!

Here it is!

https://8dio.com/digital-content-manager/?utm_medium=email&_hsmi=122912352&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--Z8EJktFC1cz-z2npndZ4pHnMbHddUYIV30jMmDSedbsBf3u-JWws3PojeJ6l7L0YHVhVgHjWOx6qu7rlXqi-vJMsxSQ&utm_content=122912465&utm_source=hs_email

Job Description:
We are searching for a driven, full-time Digital Content Creator to produce high-quality campaigns for our virtual instruments business. The Content Creator will create effective online campaigns, continually improve SEO and SEM, work directly in Hubspot and create novel revenue-generating concepts. The Content Creator should also spearhead the creation of fresh stylistic guidelines and help innovate new marketing schemes.
To be a successful Content Creator, you should focus on appealing to consumers’ interests by creating engaging material. Ultimately, an exceptional Content Creator will promote collaboration between internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in our company’s outputs.

Content Creator Responsibilities:
Managing Hubspot and Google Ads
Utilize and optimize SEO methods to increase site traffic and revenue
SEM analysis and come up with improved schemes for sales
Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for 8Dio and Soundpaint websites, newsletters, blogs, marketing materials, and similar platforms
Conducting research and interviews to learn more about current trends, developments, and perceptions about the subject matter, and then contextualizing your findings
Assisting the creative team with the design of promotional materials.
Using social media to engage consumers, respond to questions or complaints, and to promote company initiatives
Collaborating with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems
Monitoring social media and company website metrics
Suggesting new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers

Content Creator Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or a similar field
Experience with Hubspot and Photoshop
Experience with Zendesk and Social Media Platforms
Experience creating strong, engaging content
A portfolio of applicable outputs
An understanding of SEO best practices
Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing
Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
Strong listening and communication skills
The capacity to work independently and collaboratively
Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
Understanding of music software and software-based instruments

About 8Dio Productions:
We are the largest independent publisher of deep-sampled music instruments in the world. The odds are that you have heard our instruments in your favorite Blockbuster movie, TV-show, Game or Top-40 production. But our accolades is not what makes us cool. Our pride is in constantly pushing the boundaries of music and instruments. We have sampled the largest symphony orchestra and choirs ever sampled. We have two revolutionary Prophet X/XL Analog Hardware Synths with Sequential. But most importantly we have instruments made with heart, soul and love. No more boring samples.

8Dio was founded in 2010 by Academy Award, T.E.C and G.A.N.G-winning composer Troels Folmann and CEO Tawnia Knox. 8Dio is composed of highly motivated, talented and driven individuals. We are strongly committed to collaborating and building great things together. We don’t believe in your typical corporate hierarchy. We never take meetings. We believe the best argument should win – regardless of who makes it.

We hope to hear from you, but please only apply if you wholeheartedly agree with the above.

To apply, please email a cover letter, current resume and your compensation requirements to [email protected]

Well that got awkward ;)

As an owner of plenty of their libraries myself I only have good things to say as a customer
Multiple times they have helped me out with purchases or offers
I have that same experience. I don’t want do discredit people who have had less than positive ones of course. I just did not want my “innocent” post to (d)evolve down that path, that’s all.

so they have a LinkedIn page but don't use it to post marketing jobs where all marketing jobs are usually posted.. so odd?

https://www.linkedin.com/company/8dio-llc/jobs/

Apparently their first hunch is to send private emails to extremely talented people like me? The crème-de-la-crème of international digital content creation, as witnessed by my marvelous posts on here? That may explain why I am currently the only one who is in the know?

Alright... I’ll see myself out ;)

The customer service from 8Dio is excellent, and I am happy to buy from them and reward that.

Working for a company can be a different matter, there is often a lot of stress and pressures (as well as the normal poor communication and politics) in small to medium sized business. As I don't know what it is like to work for most companies I buy from, I never normally (unless of course if what they are doing is illegal or exploitative) factor that into my buying decisions.

I don't say this to minimise any bad experience anyone has had. I am a firm believer that all employers should treat their employees with respect, this includes those working for them on a freelance basis.

Thanks for the mention Emmet! It just wouldn't fit in my current schedule, but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Pleasure. Thanks for your excellent content Chris! Loved the Jade / Phoenix video - and very well timed ;)

Plus... they’re hiring but on top of that are also looking for Youtubers... so I figured I’d love for them to eventually provide you with Soundpaint to “test” it for us mere mortals / sample hoarders ;)

@8Dio Productions No idea whether they would be interested in showcasing Soundpaint at all, but a couple of my favourite Youtubers around here are @Simeon, @ChrisSiuMusic and @ThomCSounds

Edit for clarification:
I’m not proposing you hire these gents, but would love for them to receive review copies of Soundpaint (or other instruments for that matter), seeing that you’re also looking for Youtubers ;)
Thanks a lot for mentioning my name here too Temme! :) Unfortunately that's gonna be difficult for me too right at this time, got too many things in the pipeline already.

Top Bottom