What's new

jpb007.uk

I have a dream 🎬
Hi fellow VI-Control'ers,

I have 8DIO's 66 Tubas and enjoying using their various samples. However, we're scratching our heads as to how to route the different Mics to different Kontakt channels.

I was hoping it would be as simple as the method used by Spitfire Audio or similar - simply clicking on their Mics and assigning an output channel - but that doesnt appear to work for 8DIO.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

aaronventure

Unless it's scripted by the dev, there's no way to do it from the UI. What does the manual say?

If it's not supported by the script and you can't do it from the UI, but the library is unlocked, you can go into Edit mode (wrench icon) and, if there's nothing important on the busses, pick out different groups that correspond to different mic positions. They'll most likely be appropriately named. Then you route these groups as you wish.

A simple way is to select the groups that correspond to a single mic position, then send them to, for example, bus 2. Repeat for other groups, and send them to different busses. You can then route the busses to Kontakt's outputs.

This will, however, bypass insert FX if there are any, since the routing is group -> bus -> an output channel in Kontakt.
If there are any send FX utilized, you can send from busses as well (and you will have to manually dial in the values for each bus, since these send knobs weren't in the original instrument and are thus not affacted by any UI controls; if you're familiar with scripting, you can go in and declare a simple knob/slider and map it to these sends), but the send FX will output to the default, first channel.

If it isn't unlocked, you can improvise and load multiple instruments to the same MIDI channel and use only one mic position per instrument.

OP
jpb007.uk

jpb007.uk

I have a dream 🎬
Unless it's scripted by the dev, there's no way to do it from the UI. What does the manual say?

If it's not supported by the script and you can't do it from the UI, but the library is unlocked, you can go into Edit mode (wrench icon) and, if there's nothing important on the busses, pick out different groups that correspond to different mic positions. They'll most likely be appropriately named. Then you route these groups as you wish.

A simple way is to select the groups that correspond to a single mic position, then send them to, for example, bus 2. Repeat for other groups, and send them to different busses. You can then route the busses to Kontakt's outputs.

This will, however, bypass insert FX if there are any, since the routing is group -> bus -> an output channel in Kontakt.
If there are any send FX utilized, you can send from busses as well (and you will have to manually dial in the values for each bus, since these send knobs weren't in the original instrument and are thus not affacted by any UI controls; if you're familiar with scripting, you can go in and declare a simple knob/slider and map it to these sends), but the send FX will output to the default, first channel.

If it isn't unlocked, you can improvise and load multiple instruments to the same MIDI channel and use only one mic position per instrument.

Many thanks, I will definately give this a go in the next couple fo days. Intteresting that 8DIO's suppoort folk say that 66 Tubas does not suppoport multiple outputs. I've just got Spitfire Audio's Hans Zimmer Strings and looks like thhey have done the same - lots of Mics to choose from and yet only one output which makes mixing at the mix desk a real issue, so the only way to output to different output channels is to have a different instance loaded for each Mic setup. Makes me wonder - is there a reason developeprs don't include facilities to route too multipllle outputs?
Thanks again

Top Bottom