What's new

8Dio 60% sale using code 8D60 - Hybrid Tools 4 FREE with purchases over $150 changes on 10th December

OHjorth

They are finishing the sale with a bang.
But haha 8dio, I can get by with Anthology, you won't break me. (I hope:laugh:)
I have anthology too. But the arcs are soooo much better in Century.... and the sordinos.... and the double basses in general...... Trying to stop the money from fleeing my pockets to Mr. Folmann's. :D

Troels Folmann

They are finishing the sale with a bang.
But haha 8dio, I can get by with Anthology, you won't break me. (I hope:laugh:)
Do you like arcs? Sweet, beautiful sordino arcs? But not just a few, but dozens of them?

You like short notes? Like a crazy abundance of them down to different types of 9xrr spiccatos? Perhaps deep-sampled sordino spiccatos? U like first and second violins - recorded with exquisite emotion? You like in-place mixes or ability to complete control the placement of your strings? Butter sweet legatos and sordino legatos too? You fancy polyphonic legato? Perhaps polyphonic arc legato?

Well. If nothing of the above is of any interest, then you should skip it. You are clearly happy with what you got and not interested in expanding your palette of sound. Respect!

But if there is a little bit of a tingling sensation. Not just FOMO, but a desire to expand your palette. A library perfectly compliments and expands upon everything we learned with Anthology. Then perhaps ... you are looking at one hell of a deal that you would be unwise in not considering.

With love, T

Jeremy Morgan

Do you like arcs? Sweet, beautiful sordino arcs? But not just a few, but dozens of them?

You like short notes? Like a crazy abundance of them down to different types of 9xrr spiccatos? Perhaps deep-sampled sordino spiccatos? U like first and second violins - recorded with exquisite emotion? You like in-place mixes or ability to complete control the placement of your strings? Butter sweet legatos and sordino legatos too? You fancy polyphonic legato? Perhaps polyphonic arc legato?

Well. If nothing of the above is of any interest, then you should skip it. You are clearly happy with what you got and not interested in expanding your palette of sound. Respect!

But if there is a little bit of a tingling sensation. Not just FOMO, but a desire to expand your palette. A library perfectly compliments and expands upon everything we learned with Anthology. Then perhaps ... you are looking at one hell of a deal that you would be unwise in not considering.

With love, T
away-with-you-demon.jpg

With love, T
I'm very interrested in expanding my pallete of sounds. But with my limited budget and black friday around the corner, another string library (when I already have Anthology) is not the best choice for me personally :)
It's one crazy deal though!

Yogevs

I got the Anthology as a freebie. I have AI's Areia. I have Spitfire's BBC Core.
Should I even consider Century 2?

Rudianos

I have anthology too. But the arcs are soooo much better in Century.... and the sordinos.... and the double basses in general...... Trying to stop the money from fleeing my pockets to Mr. Folmann's. :D
Yep sordinos - and the whole library is very tight - consistent. Nice selection of articulations. Century does not replace Anthology/Adagio for all things - but you can really get the job done. Fun to play too. I also appreciate that you have some control over the vibrato.

Back when the freebie threshold was a mere $198(!), I put the Century Strings bundle in my cart and waited for the right free gift. Most of the appeal was having a dedicated con sord library–instead of a few articulations as an afterthought–and with 65% off, Century Sordino worked out to about $110. Another hundred for the Normale? No-brainer right?

I talked myself out of it because the freebie that week was Intimate Studio Strings. As a guy who really doesn't need another string library, let alone three in a single transaction, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

But the more I explored ISS, the more I realized how different it is, and how much more appropriate for the kind of work I'm asked to do most often in real life (as opposed to what I would like to do).

So now's my second chance, and for an extra ~$50 I've got Intimate Studio Strings in my cart, plus 8Dioboe, Ostinato trombones and tuba, Ostinato oboe and bassoon, and Hybrid NEO.

I trust implicitly that one of you kind and irresponsible souls will back me on this utterly frivolous and unnecessary purchase.

doctoremmet

Back when the freebie threshold was a mere $198(!), I put the Century Strings bundle in my cart and waited for the right free gift. Most of the appeal was having a dedicated con sord library–instead of a few articulations as an afterthought–and with 65% off, Century Sordino worked out to about $110. Another hundred for the Normale? No-brainer right?

I talked myself out of it because the freebie that week was Intimate Studio Strings. As a guy who really doesn't need another string library, let alone three in a single transaction, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

But the more I explored ISS, the more I realized how different it is, and how much more appropriate for the kind of work I'm asked to do most often in real life (as opposed to what I would like to do).

So now's my second chance, and for an extra ~$50 I've got Intimate Studio Strings in my cart, plus 8Dioboe, Ostinato trombones and tuba, Ostinato oboe and bassoon, and Hybrid NEO.

I trust implicitly that one of you kind and irresponsible souls will back me on this utterly frivolous and unnecessary purchase.
Doctoremmet says:

This is the way.

OP
Markrs

Markrs

Complete Beginner
My thoughts are to get Century Brass bundle, maybe the artisan brass, studio series viola (only one of the series I don't have), and something else to get it so the right amount.

Anything else from 8Dio I should be considering to get the freebie?

Not sure I want to spend the money plus have a good number of string and brass, as we have BF coming up, plus Soundpaint, so there will always be more things to spend money on.

Top Bottom