What's new

82% OFF Cinematic Guitars Infinity - only 320 Kontakt Player licences left

reutunes

Not to be missed: only 320 Kontakt Player licenses left...

82% OFF Cinematic Guitars Infinity - NOW JUST $99.99
26GB of inspiring guitars compiled from 4 different Sample Logic libraries

DEAL HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blurb below...
  • 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
  • 26 GB free disk space required
  • Kontakt 5 Player (free) or Kontakt Retail (sold separately) Version 5.5 or higher
  • Mac OS X 10.8, or higher (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2

Last edited:

Satorious

Got to say - I just got this hoping for the cinematic guitars equivalent of Morphestra 2/CinemorphX - but under Kontakt 6.4.1 - the Infinity preset browser is buggy as hell. I can't get the Instrument Preset Browser category to change - and when I try the whole thing just conks on the patch loaded and you can't change it to other patches. I already had Cinematic Guitars 1/2 - so I'm only really interested in being able to play with the four cores. Right now - this is very limited. If I'm being honest - this isn't acceptable and I have buyers remorse! I've installed the 1.3 update - is there any known fix to this?

companyofquail

Got to say - I just got this hoping for the cinematic guitars equivalent of Morphestra 2/CinemorphX - but under Kontakt 6.4.1 - the Infinity preset browser is buggy as hell. I can't get the Instrument Preset Browser category to change - and when I try the whole thing just conks on the patch loaded and you can't change it to other patches. I already had Cinematic Guitars 1/2 - so I'm only really interested in being able to play with the four cores. Right now - this is very limited. If I'm being honest - this isn't acceptable and I have buyers remorse! I've installed the 1.3 update - is there any known fix to this?
not sure if this makes a difference or not but under kontakt 6.4.2 in windows 10: i followed your steps and had no issues with the presets. one issue i will say that i have had is that sometimes the x/y control can be a bit laggy.

just to make sure that i am following what youre saying: youre switching between "atmospheres", "instruments", "loops", and "percussives"? then you cannot scroll through the presets?

Satorious

Thanks for your response @companyofquail

The "Random" button isn't doing it's job either - I've tried in my DAW and the Standalone Kontakt - maybe I'll try updating to 6.4.2 tomorrow in the hope this helps! I've got a number of SL libraries but never issues like this before. I've created the pictures in the common files NI Kontakt folder like it suggested + copied the relevant files in - don't think it's related to that. Is there anything else you need to do - eg. with the presets? I think it might be something related to this as I know I've had to move presets to silly places before in SL libraries (not the usual snapshot location) - but I think these were non-Player libraries and I didn't need to fiddle around like this when I installed CinemorphX/Xosphere/Gamelan etc.

Grizzlymv

Been looking for this for a long time but was waiting for the right opportunity. At that price, it was hard to pass.. So I got it too, and no bugs or issues so far over here. Sounds were not as I was expecting though (more for ambiance/sound design than for guitars itself), but there's quite a lot of content for the price, and quite a few gems.

OP
reutunes

reutunes

That's a very weird issue. I would opt for a full reinstall in your situation as I don't know anybody else having that issue (see below). With Kontakt Player libraries you shouldn't have to be moving preset / snapshot folders around manually after an install.

Sunny Schramm

102 left when I got it some hours ago - also got the cinemorphx add-on for 89,90€ :)

Got also some script issues (missing pictures/graphics) when loading multis from the second and third library. the first and infinite are fine. working with the newest version of kontakt 6.

its alot of stuff in there - kind of badly preset browsing with too much folders for the first, second and third library. wish they had converted these three also into infinite...

Satorious

@Sunny Schramm - I'd recommend reading the Quickstart document troubleshooting section. It sounds like you haven't moved the pictures folder yet (I think it's located in the Samples folder). You need to do this for the third library (CG3).

I'm trying a reboot + Kontakt update and then a reinstall to see if this gets me over the problem - but it's really frustrating me right now - I've spent far too long on this. I can only load presets if I don't change the preset category, move the Up/Down slider on the preset list or hit Random. I also can't browser backwards and forwards between the different sound sources or presets. The buttons flash but the patch stays exactly the same, yet the sound sources and patch clearly work if I just click the "on screen" patches and don't try anything fancy with them.

Sunny Schramm

@Sunny Schramm - I'd recommend reading the Quickstart document troubleshooting section. It sounds like you haven't moved the pictures folder yet (I think it's located in the Samples folder). You need to do this for the third library (CG3).
Thx ❤️ I had to create a "pictures"-folder in that location. Maybe thats the solution for the problems with my older 8dio-libraries. Will try :)

Satorious

Glad you got it working @Sunny Schramm - I have problems with some older 8dios also - such as Wrenchenspiel, I might give it a go also! How are you finding CDT btw?

Also got it working on my end at long last. I reinstalled everything again from scratch (and didn't rename the folder to include Sample Logic in the name - not sure if this is what originally messed it up). Now a happy bunny and having fun, presets working fine - thank you for all the suggestions! :)

Alchemedia

anyone know if this relaunched version announced March 17 2021 is the same version we bought on audio plugin deals back a few months ago?

Yes. If I'm not mistaken it's actually recycleware from 2015. Main difference is it now runs in Kontakt player (so they can sell their overpriced software cheaper), which makes installation more of a hassle.

Sunny Schramm

Yes. If I'm not mistaken it's actually recycleware from 2015. Main difference is it now runs in Kontakt player (so they can sell their overpriced software cheaper), which makes installation more of a hassle.
the opposite - its not a player instrument anymore to safe licences. same price but intro-offer and you need the full-version of kontakt ;) the product-page at samplelogic is still not updated but in the store product-page got the new requirements.

Alchemedia

the opposite - its not a player instrument anymore to safe licences. same price but intro-offer and you need the full-version of kontakt ;) the product-page at samplelogic is still not updated but in the store product-page got the new requirements.
Thanks for clarifying Sunny. I stand corrected--info was conflicting. Otherwise how exactly is it different than the 2015 release?

Top Bottom