What's new

80% off IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2, now $99.99 instead of $499.99

jrrshop

Purveyors of musical dreams fulfilled
80% off IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2, now $99.99 instead of $499.99:

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a revolutionary orchestral collection, a sweeping vision — in the form of an elegant and easy-to-use software workstation — from a master musician that gives you immediate access to a cathartic depth and fluidity of human musical expression that's never before been heard in a software sample collection.

nolotrippen

Any gems in this one?
For $99 the whole shebang is a gem, especially if you're missing lower brass and woodwinds. I like to collect these things at $99 so have this, Symphonic Sketchpad, Complete Orchestral Collection, VI.ONE (the best all-around as it's not limited to orchestral acoustic), Personal Orchestra, Instant Orchestra (who says I have a collection problem?). I like them all. That said, none of them have the polish and presence of East West Gold, but what does?

Willowtree

I make music
For $99 the whole shebang is a gem, especially if you're missing lower brass and woodwinds. I like to collect these things at $99 so have this, Symphonic Sketchpad, Complete Orchestral Collection, VI.ONE (the best all-around as it's not limited to orchestral acoustic), Personal Orchestra, Instant Orchestra (who says I have a collection problem?). I like them all. That said, none of them have the polish and presence of East West Gold, but what does?
Complete Orchestral Collection has plenty of very nice sounds despite the age of the content, though I'd hardly recommend it at fully price unless someone has plenty of money to throw around. Anyhow, I still use the String Essentials for layering sometimes. Their very neutral sound is great when you don't want the strings too much in the foreground.

Anyhow, would you say Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a bit like that? I'm not overly tempted by this, since I have too many orchestral libraries I've barely touched already. But, I love a good goodie bag. ;)

premjj

Well, if you like lofi, otherwise pass. Compared to offerings now, its not even worth 50. They should have discontinued this years ago, and done something new.

Sorry, but my opinion.
Was wondering if it would serve as a good sketching pad/learning tool for a beginner.

Have some jam points with me so the effective cost should come down to about 70 euros I think.

p.s: Could Miroslav 3 be round the corner? :unsure:

Rob

Was wondering if it would serve as a good sketching pad/learning tool for a beginner.

Have some jam points with me so the effective cost should come down to about 70 euros I think.

p.s: Could Miroslav 3 be round the corner? :unsure:
at this price point, I would absolutely buy it... there are things in this library that are very attractive imo. The instruments sampled are good, played by pro musicians and with passion. That's not something so easily found in samples... it contains the whole Miroslav1 library, with well structured patches, in 64bits... plus, the IK player has a lot of customization options that allow for tailoring the response of the patches. I have no affiliation with IK by the way...

Scalms

at this price point, I would absolutely buy it... there are things in this library that are very attractive imo. The instruments sampled are good, played by pro musicians and with passion. That's not something so easily found in samples... it contains the whole Miroslav1 library, with well structured patches, in 64bits... plus, the IK player has a lot of customization options that allow for tailoring the response of the patches. I have no affiliation with IK by the way...
I agree. I got it for $150, and while I've moved onto other "mainstream" libraries, when I come back to Miro I'm reminded how beautiful the samples are.

A couple thoughts on this...

Since they are dry, they are great when combined with 3rd party reverbs like Spaces II.

Strings are the strong point in the library, woodwinds are good too, brass is okay IMO. The strings in Miro2 have more definition than Miro1 (smaller section sizes), and they have a great number of different articulations, played at different lengths, so you get a number of unique patches. Also, I actually think they got the violins strings vibrato level just right (not over the top)

As some members have stated there are no cross-faded dynamic layers, but you get patches of the different dynamics layers, and sometimes it's nice just to fire up the pp layer and play that by itself (the violins ens pp layer is just exquisite).

Round robins are not there as others have already stated, so shorts are virtually unusable.

I've seen in other threads how some people complain about out-of-tune notes, but honestly I haven't seen it- although it's a massive library and I haven't played through everything. But I hear off notes in all libraries quite frankly, even top-of-the-line ones.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion

Scalms

Can someone post sound samples please?
Maybe with a comparison with some other library. Just to get a basic idea.

Thanks
Here's something I just threw together. It's the Violins14 pp layer patch played first with the built-in convo hall reverb, and then half-way through with Spaces II hall verb, to get an idea of what it would sound like with different reverbs. It's not perfect but I think it has a nice tone and character. Hope this helps!

0:00 Built-in Convoroom -Hall
1:12 Spaces II Hall

Mike Fox

I agree. I got it for $150, and while I've moved onto other "mainstream" libraries, when I come back to Miro I'm reminded how beautiful the samples are.

A couple thoughts on this...

Since they are dry, they are great when combined with 3rd party reverbs like Spaces II.

Strings are the strong point in the library, woodwinds are good too, brass is okay IMO. The strings in Miro2 have more definition than Miro1 (smaller section sizes), and they have a great number of different articulations, played at different lengths, so you get a number of unique patches. Also, I actually think they got the violins strings vibrato level just right (not over the top)

As some members have stated there are no cross-faded dynamic layers, but you get patches of the different dynamics layers, and sometimes it's nice just to fire up the pp layer and play that by itself (the violins ens pp layer is just exquisite).

Round robins are not there as others have already stated, so shorts are virtually unusable.

I've seen in other threads how some people complain about out-of-tune notes, but honestly I haven't seen it- although it's a massive library and I haven't played through everything. But I hear off notes in all libraries quite frankly, even top-of-the-line ones.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion
How's the melodic perc?

Quasar

I have the original Miro 1 and SampleTank 3 to play it through in 64b, so I pass. But if I didn't have this I'd say it's worth getting for $99. One feature is a really extensive collection of choir voices, basic but covering a great many vocal articulations and well-recorded.

Willowtree

I make music
in the same spirit here's another example, with various strings patches chosen almost randomly, two slow bits and one to show spic/staccato...
[edit] disabled the internal reverb, put some LexiHall on
Must admit, I like the tone, but it does sound very synthy.

Tempted by the price, but I think I'll pass. I already spent $750 on sample library sales this month. With black friday coming, I think it's best if I don't spend too much more. :')

Top Bottom