What's new

8 Top Brass Solo Libraries Compared

amadeus1

Hi guys,

Here's a comparison I just did on Brass Solo Libraries, the legato patch.
VSL, 8Dio, Cinebrass, Spitfire, Berlin Brass, Hollywood Brass, Sample Modeling brass, and Symphony Series brass are compared with the legato patch.

Thanks,

Bill

You sure that's Hollywood Brass? The patch names look like the old EWQLSO :)
Yes, it actually says Symphonic not Hollywood. I might do a comparison between the same legato patches for Hollywood Brass and Symphonic Brass by East West to atone and use the modwheel as well :)

Actually you're right. It's not technically a mod wheel, it's a touch sensitive strip on the S88. I prefer the mod wheel :)

My joking aside, but you didn´t use the your stripwheel, right? Or did you? In a review for comparing brass libraries it makes imho sense to showcase the timbre dynamics and how they react between the dynamics (pp, mf,f) and how you find they respond according to your input. At least I find that interesting..

My joking aside, but you didn´t use the your stripwheel, right? Or did you? In a review for comparing brass libraries it makes imho sense to showcase the timbre dynamics and how they react between the dynamics (pp, mf,f) and how you find they respond according to your input. At least I find that interesting..

Yes to your critique ! __ and sympathies to @ amadeus1. I run (2) DAW(s) …. (1) with S-49 :crying:.

'Stripwheel' is bad enough, but constant 'Strippitch' accidental touches is disgusting.
How NI could have done that is one of the worst foibles ever ….

I did, but too sparingly. I think the stripwheel inhibits modwheel use and the stripPitch definitely is part of the reason since when you use the stripwheel, about half the time the stripPitch gets acidentally touched.

I agree, how the transition between the dynamic layers sounds is very important to users and sample library developers.

Top Bottom