What's new

8-string guitar library recommendations

garyhiebner

I'm looking for a good 8-string guitar library. I want to get that low string sound in one of your productions, but unfortunately I only have a 6-string. Maybe one of those libraries will help instead of getting na 8-string and attempting to play that huge thing!

I see Chocolate Audio has Uproar, and Orange Tree and Evolution Dracus. Has anyone tried these and which do they prefer.

Keen to hear your thoughts :)

Lode_Runner

I'm looking for a good 8-string guitar library. I want to get that low string sound in one of your productions, but unfortunately I only have a 6-string. Maybe one of those libraries will help instead of getting na 8-string and attempting to play that huge thing!

I see Chocolate Audio has Uproar, and Orange Tree and Evolution Dracus. Has anyone tried these and which do they prefer.

Keen to hear your thoughts :)
Maybe you could temporarily remove the strings on your 6 string and put on heavier strings (assuming the string slots in the nut are wide enough to take the extra width).

Steve_Karl

If it doesn't have to be distorted Omnisphere has some great options, but even with that you could put distortion on them in Omnisphere. The patches that come to mind are Glorious Guitars and the Chapman Stick. They both have a lot of range, low and high.
Stick is in Beat the Pipes and Glorious Guitars in Playful Time.

Top Bottom