What's new

73% off Soundtoys plugins - GASP!

i read that there was some kind of a deal around Black Friday/Xmas where you could get the whole bundle - would it be beneficial to wait?

i read that there was some kind of a deal around Black Friday/Xmas where you could get the whole bundle - would it be beneficial to wait?
Whole bundle is on sale now, though only 20% off rather than the much steeper discount available on individual products.

Whole bundle is on sale now, though only 20% off rather than the much steeper discount available on individual products.
thanks. I guess I should have clarified more, though I can't remember the specifics. I've heard they have some kind of major bundle sale on BF time where the more products you own now, the steeper the discount for the whole bundle upgrade would be later. I have two plugins right now, debating on if its worth picking up more or if i should just wait. I'll need to get more concrete info.

thanks. I guess I should have clarified more, though I can't remember the specifics. I've heard they have some kind of major bundle sale on BF time where the more products you own now, the steeper the discount for the whole bundle upgrade would be later. I have two plugins right now, debating on if its worth picking up more or if i should just wait. I'll need to get more concrete info.
Google says: Half price for the bundle last Black Friday and $150 off last summer. Current price is $100 off.

Personal 'Trade-up' to Soundtoys 5 has been as low as $99. After last Update, went up to $125.
Right now is $200. for same content ….. fwiw

If you own one or two of their products, you get a much better price on the bundle on black friday. So it usually is worth getting one.

the more products you own now, the steeper the discount for the whole bundle upgrade would be later

I believe that is always the case irrespective of there being a sale or not. The sale makes it even cheaper. For me the upgrade to the bundle would be $100 now, but probably even less during BF. I don't think that they take into consideration what you paid for a product when calculating the upgrade price to the bundle, but that the only look at what the product normally costs. So buying one or two now, as dzilizzi suggests, especially the ones with steep discounts, might give you a pretty decent discount to the bundle later on.

But maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in to correct me if I'm wrong.

I use soundtoys on everything, decapitator is my favorite saturator, and it is great even to give orchestral brass some more grit, i think i've used it to much the timbre of different articulations before. Little Plate is a great and simple reverb, it is on every track of my ambient/drone project where i also use a lot of Echoby, Crystalizer etc.

Everything from soundtoys is (in my opinion) simply great!

I want enough of the individual plugins to make me upset the bundle is not discounted more. Maybe I'll pick up my 2 most desired and wait for a bigger sale on the bundle.

I knew I should've bought the bundle during holiday sales. FabFilter didn't curb my appetite for these.

Thanks, already have 2 products so will probably hold off
If you login to the Soundtoys site you can see your price to upgrade for the full bundle. On BF it should be half of that. It's a very generous deal if you have a few of their plugs.

As time goes by, I'm less interested in bundles, and more interested in demoing single plugins in great depth. This means comparing each one to everything I already own. 90% of what I demo I don't buy. SoundToys is hard to do this with because you can only demo all of them, not one. I did it but there just wasn't enough time. I own two of their plugins and like them, but neither one is my go-to for standard mixing--they are usually for more offbeat effects.

It's only $160 for me to upgrade on BF, but I will probably let that go this Black Friday for the third time. I would rather put that money towards a single plug that I am sure I will use every day, like Pro-R.

Top Bottom