What's new

68% off - EastWest Sounds Complete Scoring Package - APD Exclusive!

APD

For just $299.99, get the Complete Scoring Package by EastWest Sounds.

This breathtaking collection comprises of 2 extremely successful and multi-award winning libraries: EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Gold and EastWest Symphonic Choirs Gold.

The Symphonic Orchestra eclipses all others with the highest level of fidelity & realism. With the Symphonic Choirs, just type words into your computer, in any language, and you will hear a world class Symphonic Choir sing those words in any key(s) you play “live” on your keyboard controller!

Originally $929, now available for just $299.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $629). This is the lowest these products have ever been offered so don’t miss this one!

Deal Page: https://audioplugin.deals
Deal Expires: February 6th

Youtube Video Reviews

SoundCloud Playlist

For me, these still belong to EastWest’s best, as there’s so much in there, even a delicious Steinway grand. And the choirs have solo SATB too, lacking in their Hollywood sibling.

SO is very usable. The main thing it lacks in comparison with its Hollywood counterparts is sampled legato, and its sound is a bit wetter and warmer. SC is a good sounding choir library (with no less than 5 sections and a few soloists), but it is very hard to make it convincingly sing words.

is this "better" than hollywood orchestra?
As far as sound quality and realism go, HS and HB are pretty much light years ahead of SO. I actually do like the percussion from SO more though, plus SO includes a good sounding harp.

Last edited:
is this "better" than hollywood orchestra?

Get the Hollywood series.

Notwithstanding the fact that you could probably run the entire Symphonic Orchestra on a relatively feeble computer AND the good points others made above about some great instruments (harp, percussion and many others are still super-sounding), this library has been superseded by the Hollywood series.

2 very old products. Even they stil can (!) shine there are far more developed options these days. Also it isnt easy to get good sounding results with choirs. Even I got both products and used them a lot in the past I have to confess that I would not get them these days. The only content that I stil use are orchestral chimes and a few perc patches. For the rest I have better alternatives.

I am going to somewhat disagree with others, and I do so as a Hollywood Orchestra user rather than a QLSO user.
1: Yes HO has sampled legatos and QLSO does not. So if that’s a dealbreaker for someone, end of discussion.
2, QLSO has more patches and includes more combinations.
3: One does not supersede the other, they are very different sounds. QLSO was recorded in a concert hall by a Classical music engineer while HO was recorded at EW by a film score engineer.

You should choose the one that has a sound best suited to most of the music you wish to compose. You should use your ears and not choose by what a bunch of people on a forum, like Jay Asher, have to say.

Last edited:
I am going to somewhat disagree with others, and I do so as a Hollywood Orchestra user rather than a QLSO user.
1: Yes HO has sampled legatos and QLSO does not. So if that’s a dealbreaker for someone, end of discussion.
2, QLSO has more patches and includes more combinations.
3: One does not supersede the other, they are very different sounds. QLSO was recorded in a concert hall by a Classical music engineer while HO was recorded at EW by a film score engineer.

You should choose the one that has a sound best suited to most of the music you wish to compose. You should use your ears and not choose by what a bunch of people on a forum, like Jay Asher, have to say.
It's great to know that both are great to get. Thanks for the advice!

I started out on EWQLSO and upgraded to HWO, i still find uses for some of the instruments in the former as people above have mentioned, particularly the harp and a lot of the percussion... there's some great aleatoric orchestral FX in there that are still worth having if you do any film scoring.

I started out on EWQLSO and upgraded to HWO, i still find uses for some of the instruments in the former as people above have mentioned, particularly the harp and a lot of the percussion... there's some great aleatoric orchestral FX in there that are still worth having if you do any film scoring.
I got EWQLSO and EWQLSC after already enjoying Hollywood Diamond as well as Gold.
Symphonic Orchestra has a lot of those instruments you love to use yet they're not part of Hollywood Orchestra. Same for Symphonic Choir with SATB, soloists and even a boys' choir not to be found in Hollywood Choir.

Top Bottom