What's new

64% Off: Adventure Brass by MusicalSampling

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Yeah, I don't really need it, but I listened to Mike Verta's YouTube video on it. Sounds great out of the box. I'll probably pick it up before the sale is over.

rudi

Great library but is anyone else finding the default (0dB) volume really quiet? Even with the mod wheel full on I have to crank up the volume to +6dB to match my other brass patches (e.g Albion One, BHCT, Majestic Horns, The Orchestra etc.)
The library is version number is 1.1, and I am using the latest Kontakt 6 Full.

Manuel Stumpf

Great library but is anyone else finding the default (0dB) volume really quiet? Even with the mod wheel full on I have to crank up the volume to +6dB to match my other brass patches (e.g Albion One, BHCT, Majestic Horns, The Orchestra etc.)
The library is version number is 1.1, and I am using the latest Kontakt 6 Full.
It is true, it has a lower output volume compared to other brass libraries.
As long as the timbre of the instrument goes high all is good, pure volume can be boosted in the DAW if needed.
That's maybe because it is expected people playing the Adventure Patches for sketching purposes or live, hitting multiple keys. (When you would do that with CSB, you run quickly into distortion and have to lower volume, as CSB has a very high default output volume).

rudi

Thanks for the insight Manuel - I tend to have a light touch, but I can see how they could overload when played in a different way :)
I'll boost them to match my touch and re-save them... I had to do something similar with the NOIRE piano.

borisb2

well, after purchasing (99.-) the website expects me to go through the purchase process on musicalsampling.com again, applying a code - but there is no field of inputting a code - instead the payment process then takes me to paypal to pay 279.- .. is that expected ???

reimerpdx

Meat Popsicle
well, after purchasing (99.-) the website expects me to go through the purchase process on musicalsampling.com again, applying a code - but there is no field of inputting a code - instead the payment process then takes me to paypal to pay 279.- .. is that expected ???
You should have received an email from your 99 purchase with a link and your coupon code that you have to enter on the checkout screen at the actual company’s site.
This confused me for a second also. When entered and applied, the amount due goes to zero.
Good luck.

thereus

thanks .. figured it out. This only works if you dont click pay by paypal (which was default - and which directly takes you to paypal!) .. clicking pay by card instead I can enter the coupon on the next site .. thanks!
I do that but my code still does not work.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I've bought lots of stuff from APD and most of the time clicking the link in the email automatically adds the code. Otherwise I copy and paste it. But emailing them is a good idea if you can't get it to work.

Dominik

not sure what I should do with that little room baked in the samples. I have nothing against room sound in libraries but I need either very dry sound or a big well sounding scoring stage. Adding big reverb to small room recordings are no good

Geoff Grace

I remember something about it being very CPU heavy in Logic
Version 1 indeed may have been, but the current version (1.1) is supposed to improve efficiency:

MusicalSampling said:
Here's a few highlights:
* Adventure and Majestic Patches are now up to 2.5x more efficient with polyphony than the original versions.
* Included LITE patches of each instrument, which deactivates the release triggers and cuts down the overall polyphony count up to an additional 33% with the Adventure, Majestic and Sustain patches.
* Improved performance with Kontakt AU in Logic.
Best,

Geoff

Eptesicus

Well i bit the bullet and bought this. For what it is designed to do, it sounds great. I don't think any other library i have tried does really fast brass marcato/staccato lines and repetitions with such believability. The transition between shorts and longs is also seamless (the downfall of many libraries as often it sounds like the longs and shorts were recorded in a completely different place!).

It is limited though, as i don't think im going to get expressive slow sweeping melodies out of it.

I think at full price it is a bit steep for what it is but for $99 it will be a useful addition.

Top Bottom