What's new

60% off EastWest

here's a quick demo of HW Strings Diamond

just a drag and drop MIDI file.

ZERO editing other than Breeze 2 and Nimbus.

no track timing compensation for the legato. no expression or dynamics added.

Hosted in Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 - PERFECT!

Marcato Legato Bow Change Patch

for the $$$ - i'm pleased. excited to dig deeper with this.

s1v4.JPG

vep6.JPG

vep6 mixer.JPG

make more use of cc1 and cc11. hollywood strings like alot of modwheel riding ;D

make more use of cc1 and cc11. hollywood strings like alot of modwheel riding ;D

of course, i mentioned this was without CC1 and 11, just as a quick example.

my 'digging deeper' comment was meant to explore just those 2 controllers, as well as multiple articulation management in Studio One Pro v4.x.

sorry i wasn't more explicit.

i edited the post to be more clear.

-

the point being, i am impressed with what Hollywood Strings can do as is.

thrilled to get expressive with it.

of course, i mentioned this was without CC1 and 11, just as a quick example.

my 'digging deeper' comment was meant to explore just those 2 controllers.

sorry i wasn't more explicit.

oh sorry. i missed that part in the hurry i guess and my comment wasnt ment as an offense. just to make sure ;)

the memory usage is the same when you use vepro6 right? i wish they would give us a purge function like kontakt has. the memory footprint is really the only thing i have to complain about when talking about the hollywood series :/

oh sorry. i missed that part in the hurry i guess and my comment wasnt ment as an offense. just to make sure ;)

the memory usage is the same when you use vepro6 right? i wish they would give us a purge function like kontakt has. the memory footprint is really the only thing i have to complain about when talking about the hollywood series :/

no offense taken. thanks for commenting!

i haven't checked the memory usage in VEP 6 with Play 6 yet.

from previous experience, memory usage doesn't benefit much, if at all, with VEP 6.

fortunately, with 128gb RAM, i'm good.

CPU on the other hand... significant.

60% off EastWest libraries and bundles (excludes educational, upgrades, and Voices of Soul). Also, receive a free license for Play 6 with every purchase. Play 6 provides improved effects, faster loading times, and advanced integration with hardware controllers for all EastWest libraries:

https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-so...c&limit=54&manufacturer=129&order=name&sale=1

EastWest BECHSTEIN D-280 SILVER $52.80
EastWest BOSENDORFER 290 SILVER $52.80
EastWest FAB FOUR $159.60
EastWest GHOSTWRITER $159.60
EastWest GOLIATH $159.60
EastWest GYPSY $159.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD BRASS GOLD $106.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD BRASS SILVER $52.80
EastWest HOLLYWOOD CELLO GOLD $79.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS DIAMOND $319.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS GOLD $266.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD HARP GOLD $79.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD ORCH PERC SILVR $52.80
EastWest HOLLYWOOD ORCH SILVER $159.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD ORCHESTRA GOLD $266.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD PERCUSSION GOLD $106.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD SOLOSERIES GOLD $212.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD STRINGS GOLD $106.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD STRINGS SILVER $52.80
EastWest HOLLYWOOD VIOLIN GOLD $79.60
EastWest HOLLYWOOD WOODWINDS GOLD $106.00
EastWest HOLLYWOOD WOODWINDS SILVR $52.80
EastWest HW CHOIRS+VOTE BNDL DMND $479.20
EastWest HW CHOIRS+VOTE BNDL GOLD $425.60
EastWest HW Orch Gold + Solo Inst $426.00
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES BUNDLE $398.00
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES Vol 1 $79.60
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES Vol 2 $79.60
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES Vol 3 $79.60
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES Vol 4 $79.60
EastWest MIDI GUITAR SERIES Vol5 $79.60
EastWest MINISTRY OF ROCK 1 $159.60
EastWest MINISTRY OF ROCK 2 $159.60
EastWest PRODRUMMER 1 $79.60
EastWest PRODRUMMER 1 & 2 $132.00
EastWest PRODRUMMER 2 $79.60
EastWest QUANTUM LEAP PIANOS GOLD $159.60
EastWest RA $159.60
EastWest SILK $159.60
EastWest STEINWAY D SILVER $52.80
EastWest STORMDRUM 2 $159.60
EastWest STORMDRUM 2 PRO BUNDLE $186.00
EastWest STORMDRUM 3 $159.60
EastWest SYMPHONIC CHOIRS BUNDLE $186.00
EastWest SYMPHONIC CHOIRS GOLD $159.60
EastWest SYMPHONIC ORCH SILVER $106.00
EastWest SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA GOLD $212.00
EastWest THE DARK SIDE $159.60
EastWest VOICES OF PASSION $159.60
EastWest VOICES OF THE EMPIRE $159.60
EastWest YAMAHA C7 SILVER $52.80

How long will this sale last? When does it end?

Does Play 6 replace Play 5? or can you have both installed?
Not really interested in playing both at same time but I've heard that Play 6 still has issues.

Thanks JTNYC!
After your post I went googling for other info and found additional info.

What kinds of issues?
I've heard some grumbling about issues on KVRaudio and Cakewalk forums about comparative stability and preference for Play5.
While I recall reading some say that they upgraded to v6 but don't recall seeing anyone rave about it.
Could be that the negative remarks just stood out more predominantly or that I just wasn't paying enough attention or that I've should have checked on this forum where the % of people who use Play is higher.

I'm still using v5 and at some point will get v6 either when they give it to me for free or I purchase another library but I won't purchase it ala carte unless I run into a show stopper issue. Frankly I'm still slightly irked that it wasn't a free up grade, with what EW charges for it's libraries they should have mailed it to us on gold plated USB drives...

Found the post below from back in May. There has been at least one if not several updates since this was posted - don't know if issue mentioned has been addressed or not.

https://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3755475
"I use Ilok 2 and was forced to upgrade to Play 6 only, which is only 64 bit. I wanted to keep older 32 bit play to coexist with Play 6... it won't. Play 6 works fine in Cakewalk Bandlab, but there is apparently a need to go to settings, and turn off "Zero controllers on stop", or the volume can drop off. I haven't tried it yet, but there is a thread about this that's newer than this thread."

i got Play 6 for free when i recently bought Hollywood Orchestra Diamond during their current blowout.

no problems yet - i prefer using Play 6 in VEP 6.

Thanks JTNYC!
After your post I went googling for other info and found additional info.

I recently upgraded from 5 to 6. So far I haven't run into any issues. On the plus side, way faster loading times and a WAY better browser. I'm very happy with the move to 6

Gold orchestra is mine! I used it a lot as part of composer cloud but my 2018 resolution was to decrease monthly recurring costs and as much as I loved CC it went along with loads of other things. Glad to have HW back.

To me EW/JRR shop had the deal of Black Friday 2018. Now, how much do I miss Silk and RA.....

Thinking about getting Hollywood Choirs. I don’t know if I should go with Diamond or Gold, not a big price difference.

Thinking about getting Hollywood Choirs. I don’t know if I should go with Diamond or Gold, not a big price difference.
If it helps with your decision, gold is downloadable, diamond requires a shipped hard drive. This only becomes an issue if you live somewhere where you have to pay for shipping. And deal with customs.

Top Bottom