What's new

60% off EastWest

Wish you two hadn't said this about Diamond, as I was trying to convince myself not to look at an upgrade from Gold to Diamond @MarcelM @Wall Art Music.

Good news is that they have sales often enough that I won't miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity. Thanks for the feedback.

Wish you two hadn't said this about Diamond, as I was trying to convince myself not to look at an upgrade from Gold to Diamond @MarcelM @Wall Art Music.

Good news is that they have sales often enough that I won't miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, sorry about that! Gold is great too. I did use that for a while, but diamond is worth it if u can go the extra $$. The only thing is that it's 680 GB, takes up some serious space.

You also need enough RAM for Diamond. I initially had Gold Brass and Strings and was going to see if the upgrade path was cheaper. It is not. However, I like that I have both the Gold and the Diamond because my laptop can't handle all the mic positions. Well, depending on what I load.

I think I may wait until the end of the month (after BF) and maybe get the HW Choirs. The price is really good. But they seem to regularly have these sales, so it will probably be that low again.

Did some checking and I'd need a whole goddamn new computer. That takes the decision out of my hand. Now I can go obsess over Chris Hein Ensemble Strings, and VSL woodwinds (which as of two days ago, I was sure I didn't need, but for some reason I'm sure now that I do)

Considering the current cost of a USB 3 - 7200 RPM drive,

(correction: 5400 RPM)

$300 for Hollywood Orchestra Diamond WITH Play 6.

Steal of the year.

Say what you will about the Woodwinds (some clunkers for sure) there are some hidden gems at first pass.

The Brass is insane.

m.2 SSD recommended.

Last edited:
The drives are only 5400RPM I think, based on their website (G-Drive) At least mine is. I wouldn't try to run the library from them. :sad:

I've been running it from an internal 7200 RPM drive that is not my Kontakt library drive. It's been working pretty well, though I think if you get too big of a template, it might be a problem.

Unfortunately, East West doesn't offer the Diamond version of the Orchestra as a download and they told me that they won't offer them as download in the near future.

However, I found a German company called bestservice.de which offers it as download from their own server. I bought the download version from bestservice and it is even cheaper for me (I come from Europe) than buying from soundsonline directly.

I'm happy that they offer this service because I don't want any import issues with the HDD shipped by East West. However, the Diamond Strings alone are 170 parts :O

Last edited:
Unfortunately, East West doesn't offer the Diamond version of the Orchestra as a download and they told me that they won't offer them as download in the near future.

However, I found a German company called bestservice.de which offers it as download from their own server. I bought the download version from bestservice and it is even cheaper for me (I come from Europe) than buying from soundsonline directly.

I'm happy that they offer this service because I don't want any import issues with the HDD shipped by East West. However, the Diamond Strings alone are 170 parts :O

Yes, I also think that they are the only provider for the diamond downloads, which I really consider. But, as an option, you also can get it on a hard drive from them, only some Euros more.

i like having the hard drive version.

use it as a backup after copying all the libraries to my m.2 SSDs.

Are HS and HB Diamond worth it under the aspect, that I want to place the instruments more into the room. I find both libraries fairly dry in the Gold edition.

here's a quick demo of HW Strings Diamond

just a drag and drop MIDI file.

ZERO editing other than Breeze 2 and Nimbus.

no track timing compensation for the legato.

no expression or dynamics controllers added.

Hosted in Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 - PERFECT!

Marcato Legato Bow Change Patch

for the $$$ - i'm pleased. excited to dig deeper with this.

s1v4.JPG

vep6.JPG

vep6 mixer.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom