What's new

60% off EastWest

Alex Niedt

I grabbed Ra and Silk and already love them both. Really glad I didn't listen to online opinions about Ra. Call me crazy, but I'll take great tone over deeper sampling any day. And this much material of this quality for well under $300 is a win, to me.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
Are the Diamond Levels offered?

HWS Diamond has divisi from what i understand.

I see Hollywood Strings Diamond on the EW site for $159 but $399 on JRRS.

This is even better than last holiday.

Strings, Brass, etc.

Definitely grabbing Diamond Strings.

Hollywood Brass still going strong in templates?

Smart move getting ahead of the BF curve.

Last edited:

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
I grabbed Ra and Silk and already love them both. Really glad I didn't listen to online opinions about Ra. Call me crazy, but I'll take great tone over deeper sampling any day. And this much material of this quality for well under $300 is a win, to me.
if you had to pick 1, Ra or Silk, which?

Would either add anything to Ethno World 6 Instruments?

Chr!s

The Hurdy Gurdy makes me sad, though

I like music

Are the Diamond Levels offered?

HWS Diamond has divisi from what i understand.

This is even better than last holiday.

Strings, Brass, etc.

Definitely grabbing Diamond Strings.

Hollywood Brass still going strong in templates?

Smart move getting ahead of the BF curve.
I know some super talented composers who are using Brass (Gold) and Strings (Gold) exclusively in their template, alongside some EWSO + VSL woods, and that stuff is used commercially, and sounds fantastic. My machine won't handle Diamond stuff I imagine, but I don't mind. Gold is more than good enough at this point.

Alex Niedt

if you had to pick 1, Ra or Silk, which?

Would either add anything to Ethno World 6 Instruments?
Depends on what you really want/need. Watch the official walkthroughs, for sure. Ra is way more well-rounded, while Silk is more focused on Asian instruments and more deeply sampled.

I don't have Ethno World, but I checked out the demos today, and they sounded really unpleasantly mid-scooped, to me.

DivingInSpace

For film and foley work, the only reverb I know of that provides such a vast collection of actual acoustic spaces is Altiverb. Also, Spaces II has the EastWest Studios impulses, which used to be Ocean Way.
Awesome, now just to decide wether i should get Hollywood Brass or the full Hollywood Orchestra (-solo strings, i am covered on those bois).

jadedsean

Is this correct for Hollywood Strings Diamond? If so this is an insane deal.

gamma-ut

Depends on what you really want/need. Watch the official walkthroughs, for sure. Ra is way more well-rounded, while Silk is more focused on Asian instruments and more deeply sampled.

I don't have Ethno World, but I checked out the demos today, and they sounded really unpleasantly mid-scooped, to me.
Ethno World generally has the benefit of easier playability - the scripting is reasonably well thought out even in the older instruments and IMO is broadly better in that respect than Ra/Silk or UVI's offering. However, some of the EW instruments do sound nice; some take some real work to make them sound even vaguely right.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
I know some super talented composers who are using Brass (Gold) and Strings (Gold) exclusively in their template, alongside some EWSO + VSL woods, and that stuff is used commercially, and sounds fantastic. My machine won't handle Diamond stuff I imagine, but I don't mind. Gold is more than good enough at this point.
there will always be talented composers who make the best with whatever tools they have available.

i recently finished building my machine specifically for libraries like this (sig).

in fact, i just installed my final 2tb m.2 waiting for upcoming (now in progress it seems) BF deals.

will be interesting to see how it handles Diamond.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
Ethno World generally has the benefit of easier playability - the scripting is reasonably well thought out even in the older instruments and IMO is broadly better in that respect than Ra/Silk or UVI's offering. However, some of the EW instruments do sound nice; some take some real work to make them sound even vaguely right.
i really like EW6I - checked some Ra and Silk demos and was less than impressed.

Looks like HWSD and possibly Brass Gold this go.

I like music

there will always be talented composers who make the best with whatever tools they have available.

i recently finished building my machine specifically for libraries like this (sig).

in fact, i just installed my final 2tb m.2 waiting for upcoming (now in progress it seems) BF deals.

will be interesting to see how it handles Diamond.
Would love to hear from you about what you think Diamond added over Gold, once you get going!

Land of Missing Parts

flibbertigibbet
Would love to hear from you about what you think Diamond added over Gold, once you get going!
$90 -- Hollywood Brass -- Gold (On JRR)
$160 -- Hollywood Brass -- Diamond (On EastWest Site)

$184 -- to upgrade from Gold to Diamond (On EastWest Site)

Which means I'd pick either Gold or Diamond from the outset and plan not to upgrade.

:emoji_ghost: Boo to EastWest for not giving reasonable upgrade pricing.
EDIT: I've been told that they do, but not at the moment.

Last edited:

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
$90 -- Hollywood Brass -- Gold (On JRR)
$160 -- Hollywood Brass -- Diamond (On EastWest Site)

$184 -- to upgrade from Gold to Diamond (On EastWest Site)

Which means I'd pick either Gold or Diamond from the outset and plan not to upgrade.

:emoji_ghost: Boo to EastWest for not giving reasonable upgrade pricing.

interesting,

here's my cart total for HWS Diamond

$159.60
Tax $0.00
Shipping $32.67

Total (USD) $192.27

hard to argue that purchase.

Compared to Berlin, yikes.

and a backup drive to boot.

Top Bottom