What's new

60% off EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Diamond, now $398 instead of $995

jrrshop

Purveyors of musical dreams fulfilled
60% off EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Diamond in celebration of winning the NAMM TEC Award for Best Musical Instrument Software, now $398 instead of $995:

Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is the highly anticipated expansion to Hollywood Orchestra, the best-selling and most awarded orchestral virtual instrument ever produced. It includes brand new pristine recordings, reimagined original content, and powerful new features, all housed in our new revolutionary OPUS software engine. Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is the culmination of years of recording and programming and will set a new industry standard for achieving professional sounding orchestral soundtracks.

Sorry, no, we aren't able to sell EastWest upgrades.

@Scottyb: Yeah---big! I'm not sure that you'd be able to download and unpack/install it to a 1GB SSD unless it was blank (and actually had 1TB available, not like the 0.9TB that's actually available on a blank 1TB HDD). You'd probably also have to optimally schedule the sequence of the seven downloads/installations. I can tell you that my original installation of Hollywood Brass Gold is about 19GB and the Hollywood Brass Diamond Opus Edition is 188GB---about ten times larger. Maybe it was the time of day but downloading and unpacking/installation took about five hours. The woodwinds library appears to be 50% larger and the strings library is about three times larger (~440GB). The other modules are smaller and download and install more than proportionately faster. I do have the storage available and I'm not complaining; I'm just surprised at the size. It looks like it might work out to be one heck of a deal for $300.

Paj
8^)

I picked up a fresh 2TB SSD to download and install. And a second one as a backup. That feels secure and future-proof. I might expand my Opus in the future since I like the fast workflow with that player and of course the libraries. Not as resource-friendly as the Synchron stuff, on my setup, but I will get a bigger computer in a year or two.

I bought the upgrade yesterday by sonuscore for 279 Euro. Best price ever in Germany. On Eastwest Website tax is on top, so it costs 350 Euro. After 4 Hours it was downloaded and installed.
4 hours? That doesn't sound like german internet to me :emoji_laughing:

I picked up a fresh 2TB SSD to download and install. And a second one as a backup. That feels secure and future-proof. I might expand my Opus in the future since I like the fast workflow with that player and of course the libraries. Not as resource-friendly as the Synchron stuff, on my setup, but I will get a bigger computer in a year or two.
That sounds like the ultimate solution. Right now I have it sitting on a 10TB internal SATA. I have ample (192GB) RAM---I'll see how that works out.

Paj
8^)

@Scottyb: Yeah---big! I'm not sure that you'd be able to download and unpack/install it to a 1GB SSD unless it was blank (and actually had 1TB available, not like the 0.9TB that's actually available on a blank 1TB HDD). You'd probably also have to optimally schedule the sequence of the seven downloads/installations. I can tell you that my original installation of Hollywood Brass Gold is about 19GB and the Hollywood Brass Diamond Opus Edition is 188GB---about ten times larger. Maybe it was the time of day but downloading and unpacking/installation took about five hours. The woodwinds library appears to be 50% larger and the strings library is about three times larger (~440GB). The other modules are smaller and download and install more than proportionately faster. I do have the storage available and I'm not complaining; I'm just surprised at the size. It looks like it might work out to be one heck of a deal for $300.

Paj
8^)
With great libraries come great big, new hard drive purchases! :-P

Top Bottom