What's new

50% OFF Heavyocity Novo, Forzo, Gravity and (almost) all their expansions via Native Instruments

I thought waffling meant rambling (it does have rambling further down the page, I'll put that down to US vs Australian English), so I didn't get the joke either.

While I'm here, I'd love to hear some opinions on the Gravity Expansions.
If you're talking about walking around, waffling about would mean rambling. But rambling (going on and on) and waffling (going back and forth) when speaking are not usually the same. At least here in the US. It is always interesting to see how other English speaking countries have different uses of words.

If you're talking about walking around, waffling about would mean rambling. But rambling (going on and on) and waffling (going back and forth) when speaking are not usually the same. At least here in the US. It is always interesting to see how other English speaking countries have different uses of words.
Rambling to me is going on and on, but in a way that doesn't get to the point (or necessarily have a point), is full of irrelevant information, digressions etc. which is equal to my understanding of waffling. This might not be a difference between Australian and US English though, it may just be the understanding I've developed from hearing words used in certain contexts - eg people calling our former Prime Minister a waffler.

Rambling to me is going on and on, but in a way that doesn't get to the point (or necessarily have a point), is full of irrelevant information, digressions etc. which is equal to my understanding of waffling. This might not be a difference between Australian and US English though, it may just be the understanding I've developed from hearing words used in certain contexts - eg people calling our former Prime Minister a waffler.
Well, maybe he is a waffler and a rambler. I've only ever heard waffling used with things like decisions and making a stand on something. Which would probably apply to most politicians. It's because a waffle kind of goes one way or the other, but back and forth, if you look at its shape.

Well, maybe he is a waffler and a rambler. I've only ever heard waffling used with things like decisions and making a stand on something. Which would probably apply to most politicians. It's because a waffle kind of goes one way or the other, but back and forth, if you look at its shape.

I decided to Google it. Turns out it is a British English vs American English thing.
upload_2019-4-25_0-15-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-25_0-15-7.png
    upload_2019-4-25_0-15-7.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 1
I feel way better.
How is a non native speaker supposed to know this if you guys don't even know it? :whistling:
Hey don't blame us for North America's slow drift towards their own language;). At any rate things would be much be easier if you'd all chosen to learn Esperanto instead.

Anyway, this thread is now (British) waffling... my fault... or maybe Sostenuto's... we were discussing Forzo and Novo?

Curious to know if you are able to load the complete violin patches. Some people (including me) have problems where not all articulations are loaded.

I got the same problem here with Rhythmic Textures. I reinstalled and the problem persists, only with the 2 violin patches (sustained and détaché).
We can see it not loading entirely when we choose these patches :

upload_2019-4-25_19-43-24.png

Last edited:
Well, I got NOVO. I guess I will be downloading it tonight. Or tomorrow.
LMK what you think

sd-aspect-1455050126-1430859148-01-waffles-the-cat.jpg

Top Bottom