What's new

50% OFF Heavyocity Novo, Forzo, Gravity and (almost) all their expansions via Native Instruments

yeah I'm actually more sold on NOVO than I am Forzo.

Same here. I’m not sure I could use Forzo as a featured instrument like Cinematic Brass and CineBrass Core/Pro. With that and Caspian I feel like I’m covered. But strings are a special beast, as some have said, more expressive. So having interesting movements in the strings works with the Novo engine. It also seems like much more work was put into the Novo patches (or maybe there are just more useful varieties of them), that makes it more useful/valuable.

Not to say a VSTbuzz sale of Forzo (at 75-80% off) in a few years won’t interest me... :) Yes, they said the same about getting Novo at half price.... cheers.

Kettle calling the pot black? We all waffle from time to time, but he and you are just the most vocal about it. ;)
WzuE1B31v-bAmsj0QiVa20Pk_B0ZEPoxuRUv3vrw8Yk.gif

Same here. I’m not sure I could use Forzo as a featured instrument like Cinematic Brass and CineBrass Core/Pro. With that and Caspian I feel like I’m covered. But strings are a special beast, as some have said, more expressive. So having interesting movements in the strings works with the Novo engine. It also seems like much more work was put into the Novo patches (or maybe there are just more useful varieties of them), that makes it more useful/valuable.

Not to say a VSTbuzz sale of Forzo (at 75-80% off) in a few years won’t interest me... :) Yes, they said the same about getting Novo at half price.... cheers.
I think the big differentiater for me, is i'm pretty comfortable with my non-hybrid string selection, at least right now. I don't have CSS (yet), but with SCS, Albions, and some Evo's im pretty comfortable with the way they sound. Brass is a different story. I have the NI Symphony series brass, which is arguably the best of the series, and Bravura, which I never really developed a taste for. I have Ark too which I find myself using a lot. But I could definitely picture myself using NOVO before Forzo, but I could definitely see uses like in the track @Sarah De Carlo posted. Though, arguably you could get similar results with Ark perhaps? I definitely don't see myself using it in the Hans Zimmer ish style it seems to be catered for. Price is good though.

Ok I need to share this.
The irony when you look up what waffling means and above it you get an ad from waves...priceless :rofl:

Screenshot_20190423-185116__01.jpg

Or try fickle. Straight from google dictionary... :rofl:

adjective
adjective: fickle
changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.
"Web patrons are a notoriously fickle lot, bouncing from one site to another on a whim"
synonyms: capricious, changeable, variable, volatile, mercurial, vacillating, fitful, irregular

I feel the need for some maple syrup and butter. :grin:

I'm not really waffling on NOVO, as I was about ready to get it with the essential discount, well, eventually. There's always a sale that gets in the way and takes my budget. FORZO, though, I will wait on. I think it will be on sale again at that price when it gets a little older. I don't need it now. Heck, I don't need any of it now. But I think the GAS vs need vs inspiration buying has been discussed enough already. And fortunately for me? There's maple syrup and butter in the fridge. Just no waffles....:sad: :rolleyes:

I've been watching Daniel James' video on NOVO throughout the day - thanks @X-Bassist. And about two-thirds through he started mentioning it was CPU hungry, as it was starting to freeze a lot. I don't know what else he had loaded at the time, but it is a little concerning. Has this been an issue for anyone?

I thought waffling meant rambling (it does have rambling further down the page, I'll put that down to US vs Australian English), so I didn't get the joke either.

While I'm here, I'd love to hear some opinions on the Gravity Expansions.

Top Bottom