What's new

50% OFF Heavyocity Novo, Forzo, Gravity and (almost) all their expansions via Native Instruments

Anyone used any of these libraries in a Pop, EDM context?
There seems to be a lot of EDMcentric presets from what I can tell. Some here:

So much so that I'm wondering if FORZO would be as good as other libraries for traditional horns. I'm not sure I want or need all the EDM, sound design, and ambient features, which is a good part of what you're paying for.

Re "The problem with these constant sales IMO: When I see this offer I keep thinking ... hmmm ... when is there gonna be that bundle sale of all heaviocity stuff at 80% off ...?"

I saw somewhere that this pricing is lower than their Black Friday pricing, so it's probably not going to get too much better anytime soon.

Bought Forzo at 45% Sale.
I love this library; I think it's the best fit for hybrid/cinematic score/trailer music.
I use Hollywood Brass for more symphonic-ish production, and often was difficult to use it for more cinematic sounds.
Now, having Hollywood Brass + Forzo, it allows me to have more choice and total control over my productions.

In this production, all the brass sounds (traditional and hybrid), are from Forzo.

Last edited:
Buyed Forzo at 45% Sale.
I love this library; I think it's the best fit for hybrid/cinematic score/trailer music.
I use Hollywood Brass for more symphonic-ish production, and often was difficult to use it for more cinematic sounds.
Now, having Hollywood Brass + Forzo, it allows me to have more choice and total control over my productions.

In this production, all the brass sounds (traditional and hybrid), are from Forzo.

So you don't think it would fit in more of a symphonic context?

My non-expert opinion from listening to the demos is, yeah. Forzo has a hyped sound that seems more for edgy trailers, filmscore, and Epic genres than for symphonic mock ups. Plus all the sound-design and rhythmic patches would be useless for that I would think. ...also, I'd think a library that has auto divisi patches would be necessary to sell proper symphonic compositions. I'm not sure Forzo even offers smaller sections that could be programmed for divisi parts.

Last edited:
My non-expert opinion from listening to the demos is, yeah. Forzo has a hyped sound that seems more for edgy trailers, filmscore, and Epic genres than for symphonic mock ups. Plus all the sound-design and rhythmic patches would be useless for that I would think. ...also, I'd think a library that has auto divisi patches would be necessary to sell proper symphonic compositions. I'm not sure Forzo even offers smaller sections that could be programmed for divisi parts.

I absolutly agree.

It depends on what you are going for. Forzo delivers a rich ensemble sound that's not suitable for all symphonic contexts. I don't have the library and so am going only from walkthroughs and demos; but to my ears its potential seems much wider than epic—at least as that term is currently understood—though it does imply a large orchestra

Would getting Intimate Textures be worth it if I also end up getting NOVO? This would be a good time to get NOVO. But I hear a lot of good things about Intimate Textures. I'm thinking I don't need both of them. I guess what I want to know, since Intimate Textures is supposedly from NOVO, can you actually make those sounds with it?

Thanks

Would getting Intimate Textures be worth it if I also end up getting NOVO? This would be a good time to get NOVO. But I hear a lot of good things about Intimate Textures. I'm thinking I don't need both of them. I guess what I want to know, since Intimate Textures is supposedly from NOVO, can you actually make those sounds with it?

Thanks
IMO it wouldn't be too redundant, but haven't picked up NOVO yet. They're different sample content, IMO IT seems much more...well, textured. More like an Olafur library from SFA. Though not exactly. I'd pick up both. :)

It depends on what you are going for. Forzo delivers a rich ensemble sound that's not suitable for all symphonic contexts. I don't have the library and so am going only from walkthroughs and demos; but to my ears its potential seems much wider than epic—at least as that term is currently understood—though it does imply a large orchestra
yeah I guess that's a better way to phrase the question. How good is this library at doing things that aren't trailer level epic, I guess. Something like:

Thanks
Novo and IT can't really be compared other than sharing the same engine. Novo isn't really capable of creating those smooth (lush; nordic; Scandinavian; icelandic; however it's called these days) textures. And like whiskers said it's different source material.
For example there are a lot of patches in IT that include harmonics, noise and rattle (the latter two totally being absent in Novo). For the discounted price it's a good choice if you don't already own the Spitfire equivalent and you often find yourself wanting something like this.
In my opinion one benefit of IT's string designer is that it often saves a lot of time due to it's included heavily processed samples. There are patches that absolutely don't need layering another sub underneath to help evening out the soundscape - some go really low and there are enough to choose between smooth or gritty ones.

I hope I'm making sense o_O

Top Bottom