50% OFF Heavyocity Novo, Forzo, Gravity and (almost) all their expansions via Native Instruments

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
Thanks for the tip, Dzilizzi : )

I think I still need to learn and there are a lot of things I can try with synth stuff like Analog Brass, Omnisphere, Serum I have now.

Actually, I really don’t have much time to practice piano/guitar, learn all the DAW/notation programs (Cubase, ProTools, Ableton Live, Dorico), sample libraries, and audio plugins, Evenant trailer music lesson program I bought recently.

I am also looking forward to seeing a rare crazy bundle sale of Heaviocity like 80% off too ; )
This is always my problem. When I have time, I don't have the extra money. When I have money, there usually isn't time, or more usually, energy. I spend most of my day in front of a computer. My eyes and brain just can't handle spending all night on it too. So anything that makes making music easier is great. But really, most of this you can do with a few orchestral libraries and some effects.

scentline

Heart to Heart
Ah... thanks for comment again! I totally hear you, Dzilizzi

I really wish I can roughly finish my piano practice and notation works and
go to bed tonight around 12 AM (Amen)

And come back to work with fresh feeling in the morning.

Music is a part of my life, not life is a part of my music.

Cheers! : )

Last edited:

BezO

The Artisan
...I have Analog Brass and do you think it can be used for similar jobs that I can do with Forzo?...
Owning Analog Brass & Analog Strings held me off from Forzo & Novo previously. Like dzilizzi said, those are just automated effects as well. I allowed access to articulations finally convinced me. While I improve my sound designing skills, VIs like these really help.

Also, my main strings & brass are Symphony Series, so even some of the Traditional Engine articulations are welcomed additions. Happy not to miss the sale this time.

scentline

Heart to Heart
Owning Analog Brass & Analog Strings held me off from Forzo & Novo previously. Like dzilizzi said, those are just automated effects as well. I allowed access to articulations finally convinced me. While I improve my sound designing skills, VIs like these really help.

Also, my main strings & brass are Symphony Series, so even some of the Traditional Engine articulations are welcomed additions. Happy not to miss the sale this time.
Thanks for your helpful comment, BeZo.
I missed the sale this time, but I'll consider to buy Forzo and Novo next time.

Cheers! : )

whiskers

Perpetual student
any tips for working with those? Brass is OK, strings just sound off to me on the NI series. Maybe I need to play with it a bit more.

BezO

The Artisan
any tips for working with those? Brass is OK, strings just sound off to me on the NI series. Maybe I need to play with it a bit more.
Unfortunately, I'm not a power user as my string needs are basic compared to most here. And my strings are almost always effected in some way (thus the Heavyocity purchases), so I'm rarely looking for what most here would consider a good string sound.

When I am going for some sort of authentic sound, I stick to the mid & far mics, turn off the verb and use the smallest groups.