What's new

50% off Berlin Series

With Berlin Brass I did encounter one problem after installing. For some reason when I tried to load Trumpet 1 Legato Kontakt assumed it was located in a non-existent drive L. So I selected ignore for the missing parts, clicked on browse for folder and selected the parent folder for Berlin Brass. That located the missing file and I then chose the save option when I finished so that the next time I loaded that articulation the problem had disappeared. OT Helpdesk later confirmed that's the right thing to do if that happens.

Ugghhhhh I JUST got Berlin Strings and Woodwinds. I know they're still extremely high quality products and won't necessarily be superseded, but I still think it's a little crummy to clean house and THEN announce a new series right afterwards.

...unless they do offer discounts to owners of Berlin, then I'll have no complaints, haha. This would be doubly so since I'm sure it'll be some time before they're released and I DID need the products now.

Last edited:
Ugghhhhh I JUST got Berlin Strings and Woodwinds. I know they're still extremely high quality products and won't necessarily be superseded, but I still think it's a little crummy to clean house and THEN announce a new series right afterwards.

...unless they do offer discounts to owners of Berlin, then I'll have no complaints, haha. This will be especially since I'm sure it'll be some time before they're released and I DID need the products now.

I'm hoping/predicting they will be announcing the Berlin Series for SINE. Not new libraries, but existing Kontakt Berlin libraries that have been polished, improved, and tweaked to be super efficient, and sounding awesome running in SINE. Berlin Library owners will switch to the SINE version for free.

I'm hoping/predicting they will be announcing the Berlin Series for SINE. Not new libraries, but existing Kontakt Berlin libraries that have been polished, improved, and tweaked to be super efficient, and sounding awesome running in SINE. Berlin Library owners will switch to the SINE version for free.

I recall them mentioning that they're porting all the Berlin stuff to SINE, so that at the very least I would be happy to see. If that's all it is then I'll definitely be very happy. I also have their Phoenix Orchestra and I actually love the SINE player, they did a beautiful job.

At least I have a reason to feel better after letting go the Berlin offer...
Excited about what is coming on 17!

Even if is Berlin series ported to SINE with an attractive price. I don't care to get only the SINE version. Now I think I like much more SINE than Kontak for a lot of resons.

The Berlin series is now back up to its pre-BF price. The OT announcement on 17 December could be about many things. I'm sure OT values customer loyalty especially as they have big plans for the future. We are after all their greatest asset. Let's wait and see.

Last edited:
The Berlin series is now back up to its pre-BF price. The OT announcement on 17 December could be about many things including even a move from the present Teldex Scoring Stage. When it comes down to it I'll be buying future libraries from other developers if the current Berlin Series is abandoned by OT. I'm sure OT recognises the risk of alienating their existing customer base by breaking their free SINE-porting promise. Retaining existing customers is essential if they have big plans for the future. We are after all their greatest asset. Let's wait and see.

What makes you think OT is abandoning their Berlin Series Libraries ?

The Berlin Series is a serious foundation for OT as a company. I'm also very confident they will be porting their Berlin Series, and other libraries to SINE. Plus, I'm also sure SINE will get even more features, and be a super sample library player, and tweaker to customize the sounds very flexibly, which is a very attractive, and super useful feature to have in a player. On top of that SINE based libraries are much more RAM efficient than their Kontakt version, which is another huge benefit, plus their Adaptive Legato technology will make sure Legato transition volumes are silky smooth, and very musical.

I'm really excited about the future of the Berlin Series, and anything new they are going to announce. Looking forward to Dec. 17th.

Oh that's a good theory! If that's the case, I'm very happy I bought into Strings now, since I know the upgrade to BWW Revive wasn't too pricey.
My guess is they’ll combine the expansions into a larger, comprehensive section “package” for SINE (and for less money).

Edit: I mean, since it will all be a la carte anyway, it makes sense right?

With Berlin Brass I did encounter one problem after installing. For some reason when I tried to load Trumpet 1 Legato Kontakt assumed it was located in a non-existent drive L. So I selected ignore for the missing parts, clicked on browse for folder and selected the parent folder for Berlin Brass. That located the missing file and I then chose the save option when I finished so that the next time I loaded that articulation the problem had disappeared. OT Helpdesk later confirmed that's the right thing to do if that happens.

The exact same thing happened to me

My guess is they’ll combine the expansions into a larger, comprehensive section “package” for SINE (and for less money).

That actually makes sense a lot. Because they were saying that they probably won't have a sale again like that. If there were no "main" series to begin with, it would be impossible to do a sale for it.

man... I wonder if this is going to be one of those threads which they boost to 100+ pages just by making guesses.
We still have around 2 week to go.

OT definitely has learned some stuff from Spitfire lol
Especially on how to tease and build hype.

@Marsen @youngpokie Nah what I’m worried about is that they’ll be busy releasing new libs and abandoning the old ones. I sent them an email during the sale asking when Berlin would approximately be ported to SINE and they said they had no idea. I don’t own Spitfire SSS but I’ve been seeing people complain about them not delivering the promised update.

And as someone who didn't pick up the expansions because they weren't on sale, if they're cutting a deal for people getting it in the SINE player then I'll be right on board.

One thing that doesn't fit in is the Specials Bows going on sale a little while back (a month?). Other than that, no Berlin expansions went on sale. At first my theory was that those expansions are ready for SINE because they are smaller, and the Berlin sale was to get people hooked on the Berlin platform. Now I don't know. If things are really a la carte then you'd think maybe they pushed the main libraries as one last full-package push, and in reality all Berlin products are ready for SINE. Big question is how will a la carte even work?? Buy full strings but only basic articulations a la carte? Or specific instruments (cellos, clarinet, trombones) and get literally all articulations they've ever done? I'm curious to see how they tackle that.

One thing that doesn't fit in is the Specials Bows going on sale a little while back (a month?). Other than that, no Berlin expansions went on sale. At first my theory was that those expansions are ready for SINE because they are smaller, and the Berlin sale was to get people hooked on the Berlin platform. Now I don't know. If things are really a la carte then you'd think maybe they pushed the main libraries as one last full-package push, and in reality all Berlin products are ready for SINE. Big question is how will a la carte even work?? Buy full strings but only basic articulations a la carte? Or specific instruments (cellos, clarinet, trombones) and get literally all articulations they've ever done? I'm curious to see how they tackle that.
The special bows were on sale because they were made into Kontakt Player libraries, right, and they got all the work needed to make the nks compatible. It seems strange for OT to do that, pre-buy all those Kontakt licenses, just to port the library to Sine a month or so later. At the time I took that to be a sign they weren’t planning the port Berlin libraries to Sine anytime soon. But then again they were also selling the Kontakt version of the Arks during that sale for not much discount, so who knows.

1. If it's the old Berlin Series directly ported to SINE = free for previous owners

2. If it's Berlin Series 2.0 = $199 crossgrade fees per section

I guess it's #2

Top Bottom