What's new

Botkin Film Scoring Course - $210 in NOV (All-time-low price!)

BenBotkin

Hey everyone! My comprehensive for-beginners course on film scoring is currently on sale for $240 (used to be $475) and it's called (surprise) Film Scoring for Beginners.

This in-depth, 42 lesson/10-hour-long video course course is intended to be a pretty comprehensive introduction to the art, craft, philosophy, business, relationships, process, practice, and problem-solving of film scoring for someone who is fairly new to it, yet is serious about following the film composer career. A big point of emphasis in this material is addressing the scenarios and realities that composers starting out in the indie/low budget/no budget film world will face, and working with other team members who may not be particularly experienced because they are just starting out as well.

THINGS THAT ARE COVERED IN THIS COURSE
  • The Role of Music in Film and the vocabulary of Film Music
  • The Role of the Film Composer
  • The Role of the Director, and how to successfully relate to and communicate with him (and how to communicate with inexperienced directors!)
  • How to Build and Maintain Strong Collaborative Relationships with Filmmakers
  • Crafting your Career Goals and Priorities
  • Navigating Existing Job Opportunities
  • Basics about Money, Rights, Royalties, and Contracts
  • How to Analyze the Story of the Film and Break Down its Needs
  • How to Develop the Score (Musical Pre-Production)
  • How to Compose Compelling Themes and Motives
  • How to Have a Successful Spotting Session
  • Critical Theory and Tips on Musical Placement
  • How to Create a use a Cue Sheet
  • How to Balance and Schedule your Scoring Workload
  • How to handle Sync, Timecode, and File Management
  • The Differences Between Scoring for Different Visual Mediums (Features, Docs, Commercials, Etc.)
  • The Distinctive Musical Needs of Different Genres
  • How to Plan a Cue and Score to Picture
  • How to Hit Precise Timing Notes and Use the Tempo Track
  • How to Balance Drama and Emotion
  • How to Create Effective Underscore with Modern Tools
  • How to Score Action, Comedy, Suspense, and Intimate Scenes
  • How to Overcome Common Problems in the Film Scoring Process
  • How to Overcome Common Low-Budget/Indie Problems
  • How to Deal with Rejection and Redos
  • How to Survive on a Deadline
  • How to Successfully Prepare and Deliver Music Files

But be sure to check out the info and preview lessons on the course page to see if this course is a good fit for you: https://store.fortecomposeracademy.com/film-scoring-for-beginners

April 2022 EDIT: The regular price is $475, but from April 15-May 16th it will be dropping in price to $240.

Thanks!

Ben (Forte Composer Academy)

Last edited:
Just updating this thread to mention that my comprehensive, (mostly) for-beginners course on film scoring is currently on as part of my Big November Sale (I dropped the reg price from $475 to $300 this Spring, and am now offering this course for $210 until Dec 1). https://store.fortecomposeracademy.com/film-scoring-for-beginners

ALSO, and this is new, past and future students of this course (and most of my other ones) qualify to receive a single-use 15% off coupon that can be used on any individual Orchestral Tools product (including bundles). Even cooler - This coupon can STACK with other discounts and offers from OT.

HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR COUPON:

Since each coupon code is unique, I will need to share them with you manually. If you have purchased an eligible product from me, message me here at Vi-C, at [email protected], or within your Podia (course) account, and I'll share your unique code/s with you. If you email, please share which email you used to purchase and the product you purchased so I can keep everything straight! :)

Top Bottom