What's new

5.6 announced

So you got the side by side versions working then? Or did you just update to 5.6 period?
No - BOTH - versions working just great (still not sure why the same 'renamed' K5.6 .dll's didn't show up on that puter's VEPRO??? Oh well - all working - thanks again.

Yea - I actually like the way this update looks (since the last update) - If I wasn't so deep in this project I'd update all the putters. But wisdom must prevail. :)

As a developer(and I'm pretty sure I speak for most of us) its very very hard to work out what to do when. Upgrade= new features which we can use but also means smaller installed base. In the end its a guess we each take as to when and if to move to the next(or another) version of Kontakt. This time round 5.5->5.6 I decided to NOT go there until I needed the extra real-estate(but it was very very tempting), given the 5.6 litany of problems I feel sort of smug now(I'm sure it wont last long, the universe will get me soon enough..)
It all comes back to my sense of who is actually on the same page, or who is even included in that process at all if/when it puts third-party developers in the situations you described.

Top Bottom