What's new

3 (Potentially) amazing libraries releasing by end of year - Which will you buy?

Paul Jelfs

So we have now found out that not only Vista Strings are coming soon, but also LASS 3.0 (Modern Scoring Strings ) and Cinematic Studio Woodwinds.

We have heard demos from CSW and Vista and most agree they sound excellent. A lot of people love Lass , so the sequel looks like it should be a home run - especially with all the new features such as Ostinato maker, Runs , Divisi , extended legato. We just need some demos!

However, even with upgrade paths, if you were to get all 3, that is a lot of money , in a year when things have not been kind to musicians in general.

So, if you had to pick JUST one, which of these 3 heavy weights would you choose ? They all should be out in the next 3-4 weeks, so not long to decide.

I just bought the rest of Berlin. I can't look at any of these until they are at least 3 years old.....

No, really, I may think about CSW. But not until next Black Friday. I have too much new stuff to learn right now.

I just bought the rest of Berlin. I can't look at any of these until they are at least 3 years old.....

No, really, I may think about CSW. But not until next Black Friday. I have too much new stuff to learn right now.
Am I right in saying the student discount, black Friday discount and loyalty discount are basically the same at 25% off? They're great value libraries either way.

Am I right in saying the student discount, black Friday discount and loyalty discount are basically the same at 25% off? They're great value libraries either way.
I'm not currently a student. You still have to buy the first one to get the student discount. So, maybe next Black Friday. I'm still not sure about these yet.

Very interested in only 2: Vista and CSW. Can't wait haha! Vista is definitely more niche though, while CSW I would think is more applicable to those who need a solid set of winds and don't yet have BWW. Or maybe do..

Vista and CSW is a definite buy from me. Can't say I care much about Modern Scoring Strings, since I never quite liked the tone of LASS, the idea/need for divisi with samples, or the tone of Modern Scoring Brass...

If I had to pick only one it would be : CSW.

But if I had to pick two. they will be : CSW + MSS (which is the new title of LASS 3).

Vista is kind of too restrictive for me. Only legatos, I never feel comfortable with these kind of super limited libraries as far as what they offer. But, then I might be wrong in the way I'm evaluating it. MSS offers so much more.

Vista most likely. CSW if the oboe and clarinet are really nice, but no rush. MSS very unlikely as I have plenty of excellent core string libraries.

Top Bottom