What's new

2nd Keyboard for Keyswitches

Great thread. Really. I am NOW going to set up my Alias 8 midi slider/button controller to this task (to the buttons which have largely been ignored.) Haven't tested yet but sure it will work.

Korg Microkey 37 II here. And I have to tell you, the feel is quite good to use as an input keyboard as well...

I use my iPad and Metagrid. I made a page dedicated to key switches and they're all nicely labeled. It's super easy and no extra keyboard.

Before I went to an iPad based solution, I used my Keith McMillen QuNexus for exactly that. It's a bit overkill for that, given all it can do, but there's now a simpler (and cheaper) version called the K-board: https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-board/

Extremely low profile and compact 2nd keyboard. Pretty much unbreakable too. Highly recommend.

Korg NanoKey2 here. Brought because:
  • The keys look similar to the ones displayed on Logic's articulation keyswitch screen.
  • It looks pretty next to my matching NanoKontrol 2 and completes some sort of weird, deep seated personal compulsion I have for things to match. ;)

Are you intending to grow another hand, also?
So 5 years ago as a noob to the forum, you replied to my question about multiple keyboards, keyswitches, blah blah blah... and I replied with some weeny/attitudy "noobs aren't welcome" reply (totally surprised to read that was me!). I just came across it again in my history, curious to see what stupid question I posted, and your reply just killed me, I am still cracking up, it was perfect. I'm sure you don't remember it but my apologies for 5 years ago, and tonight I need to stop laughing so I can get to bed. ;) Scroll to the top of the thread and you'll see it in context. Ah, memories.

Top Bottom