What's new

2CAudio Releases PBJ Spatial Mixing Environment, Precedence 1.5 & Breeze 2.5

4) A good suggestion for a future update I think. Thanks. Someone else requested a set of pre-made presets for common orchestral instrument locations. (BTW, I am peronsally NOT a huge fan of doing Violin1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Bass (left to right). I like the earlier method of: V1, VA, BS, CL, V2. This really gives nicer separation between voices and keeps the frequency balance more centered. It really makes call-reponse type conterpoint come alive too!

It would be tough to pick just one, like the one below. A lot of music I write, I have either a piano as the focus, or a solo violin. So that wouldn't fit all my needs. But it would be close.

I do like the idea of preset locations though too.

orchestra_layout.jpg

Hi Andrew ,

It seems IRs of Teldex are not available.

Basically trying to emulate the ERs of a clean, medium sized hall (Teldex is 455 sqm) but with panels at the side to reinforce the reflections (what I understood from one of the JXL videos)....

...will try to explore this some in the next week or two!

we were finishing up this, the past two weeks:

2CAudio_Vector_Home.jpg

...which I want to include in in our PBJ video demos to help explain how things work etc.

Last edited:
It would be tough to pick just one, like the one below. A lot of music I write, I have either a piano as the focus, or a solo violin. So that wouldn't fit all my needs. But it would be close.

I do like the idea of preset locations though too.

Yes, some kind of layout templates could be interesting.

I am finding thus far that arranging instruments per composition is nice as well to help accent compositional structure and give space to insturmenets that should have some counterpoint call-reponse type interaction. This can really be brought alive and made more engaging IMHO when they each have their own space.

In the days of modern scoring with a mix of real and electronic instruments it's perfectly fine and good to be creative with positioning too IMHO...

Hi @Andrew Souter ,

Some kind of zoom function would be greatly appreciated.

For eg., I have my woodwinds pretty close together in a space, and it is a little painful to work with them in precedence unless the whole GUI is blown up (and takes up the entire screen).

the combi precedence and breeze is really fantastic. But it seems Precedence is not saving/forgetting positions/distance after saving project and restarting. It happened to me twice. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
the combi precedence and breeze is really fantastic. But it seems Precedence is not saving/forgetting positions/distance after saving project and restarting. It happened to me twice. Any feedback would be appreciated!

No problems here on Logic/Mojave.
The new version also left the old projects (which used the previous versions of P & B) intact.

Have you linked Precedence correctly with Breeze?
I'd recommend to give the instances real names instead of the default numbers. that can prevent mistakes.

So guys, it keeps happening, today I've opened the project from yesterday and Precedence didn't save my configurations.... :(. Precedence is on default state and unlinked to Breeze.

edit: Correction, Precedence was not unlinked but standart default position.

Last edited:
Hi.

so far we can’t reproduce this ourselves. If you have an exact reproduce recipe please share so we can explore it more exactly.

Are you using multi instance editing?

does it happen you rename your instances to use custom names?

Hi.

so far we can’t reproduce this ourselves. If you have an exact reproduce recipe please share so we can explore it more exactly.

Are you using multi instance editing?

thanks for answering!

I am not using Multi Instance Editing. My workflow is the:

2. Single Independent Instances, using Precedence Link

And I am inserting third party plugins before the Precedence insert...

no, it doesn't happen when I rename my instances.

Attachments

• Precedence forgetting setup.png
    Precedence forgetting setup.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 32
I have similar trouble with Logic 10.4.8 and macOS Catalina since a month now (now on 10.15.2 and still there).
Not sure if its related to Breeze or Precedence but sometimes when i save an instrument in Logic and reload it Breeze and Precedence are back to the default 50% wet/distance. But mostly just happens with the second (or more) connected instances (f.e. inside a stacked track).
I also would like that it not always jump to this default value if i connect a Breeze instance with Precedence (this seems to happen sometimes too indeed if i reload a Logic patch and all is back to 50% like it does not save the state correct).
Is there a way that i just could stay at the settings from the preset (or that Precedence get the value from Breeze 2 and not vice versa).
It seems more that Breeze 2 is the one. When i unlink them Precedence reload with the correct state but Breeze 2 jumps back to 50% default wet.
There is also some trouble with some other 2CAudio stuff since Catalina for me. I hope it gets sorted since the 2CAudio stuff (i´m of course a perfect Storm user) is by far my favorite FX for spatalization you can get.

Last edited:
Just bought the PBJ pack.

Had a panic attack when i thought it was doing horrible things to the audio (made all the JXL brass tuff sound like they had a fake mute on), but then realised i was using it as a send and not an insert.

Presumably this cant be used as a send?

Been reading the manuals and learning how to use Precedence and Breeze.

Loving it so far and think I'm getting the hang of it.

A few queries:

-The width slider at the bottom has a button next to it that glows green if you click on it (like a toggle). What does that do? Does the width slider only work if that light is glowing green?

-If i have a load of instruments set to the same settings in breeze using the broadcast function and then i want to add another one, how do i apply the existing Breeze/Precedence settings to that new instrument without having to redo the settings all again with global broadcast on?

The width slider at the bottom has a button next to it that glows green if you click on it (like a toggle). What does that do? Does the width slider only work if that light is glowing green?

The button next to the Width slider flips the phase of one of the channels, I believe, for an ultra wide effect. I don't really use it, but I think it can be used in combination with the button next to the Cross slider to interesting ends.

The button next to the Cross slider flips the channels, so that 0 is dual mono in reverse (I think).

I'm on my phone and explaining this terribly, but the manual goes into some detail about this and all the other functions. I usually forgo manuals, but the 2Caudio ones are pretty thorough!

how do i apply the existing Breeze/Precedence settings to that new instrument without having to redo the settings all again with global broadcast on?

I'd love a "broadcast current settings to all grouped instances" button, but right now, I believe the easiest way is to save your settings as a preset, or copy/paste the plug-in if your DAW allows it.

I have the same problem. It's strange, as it's not every instance of Prec and Breeze that resets when I load a project, but some of them. I'm on Win 10 with Cubase.

I have the same problem. It's strange, as it's not every instance of Prec and Breeze that resets when I load a project, but some of them. I'm on Win 10 with Cubase.
now we are three of us reporting this issue. Hopefully Andrew has some answers. I have been asked to make a video of this issue but I haven't had time to do this. Sorry about that. Gonna look if somewhere in the next days I get some time to do this...

now we are three of us reporting this issue. Hopefully Andrew has some answers. I have been asked to make a video of this issue but I haven't had time to do this. Sorry about that. Gonna look if somewhere in the next days I get some time to do this...

I can confirm the same thing. It doesn't happen to every instance of Precedence, but one or two of them will reset to distance 50 and angle 0 if I load a project that is using lots of them.

Top Bottom