What's new

2cAudio Precedence vs. Parallax Audio VSS2

Shredoverdrive

Ha! Not much more than a rookie myself in the engineering department, but read about it on VI Control and played around with it. To my ears I get the best sound with Spaces and the ERs of VSS2 turned down about 1/2 way. Personal preference.
That's more or less what I do as well (but I leave more than 1/2 of VSS2's ERs). I use the presets for VSL for my VSL instruments (doh) but also for my Chris Hein Instruments. I'm quite pleased with the result.

CQrity

I've actually used EAReverb and Seventh Heaven together and they pair nicely! I send to EAReverb for early reflections, just to put it in a room (keeping the tails disabled), then send to Seventh Heaven for tails.
I also tried EAReverb because I wanted to really place instruments into a room. Actually I can't find the mail but I went back and forth with the support (which is awesome) and it turned out the placing doesnt really do "much" besides regular pan and EQ if you like. It actually doesn't create new ERs for every position which is why I don't use it. And in my book those ERs are the important part of the reverb. Its a great verb for sure but the placing is a way to easily pan instruments, not to really "place" them. At least that's my conclusion.

Land of Missing Parts

flibbertigibbet
I also tried EAReverb because I wanted to really place instruments into a room. Actually I can't find the mail but I went back and forth with the support (which is awesome) and it turned out the placing doesnt really do "much" besides regular pan and EQ if you like. It actually doesn't create new ERs for every position which is why I don't use it. And in my book those ERs are the important part of the reverb. Its a great verb for sure but the placing is a way to easily pan instruments, not to really "place" them. At least that's my conclusion.
Thanks, I'll have to look into this further when I get a chance.

Velcro

I think I tried them all...VSS2, Earreverb, SPAT, Altiverb's kludgy spatializing tool, Precedence...
I liked MIR the best by far, for ease of use, quality of results, and even fun factor of the interface.

Sorry OP to be answering a question you never asked. But FWIW you can demo MIR for 30 days free, and if you wait around it comes up in the classified section every now and then. There's also the cheaper MIR 24 version which gives you the same quality, just less channels.

Top Bottom