What's new

2CAudio 2019 Big Splash Summer Sale !!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! B2 is one of my favorite children too. :thumbsup:

It will get some special attention soon. We like to think of it as a "spatial synthesizer". It can do a lot more than just standard reverb and is staggeringly deep. The next version will have even more options. It's a sound-designer's dream. I like to think of it as something like a modern software-based System 6000, or H8000/H9000 -- not in terms of the exact algorithms, but in terms of the design philosophy of being a true multi-FX workstation powerhouse.

The custom menu stuff we just implemented is in part in prep for this also. i.e. it's built to handle lots of options. :dancedance:

Given it's complexity, it's the perfect type of tool to have preset expansions available for. It's good to seperate the composition/production process from the sound-design process in many cases IMHO. Even I, who made the algorithm(s) and most of the factory presets, don't like to disrupt composition to design new presets from scatch. It's a different mindset. I like to do them on different days personally. It's very useful when facing scoring deadlines etc to have preset libraries, esepcially for something as diverse as this.

B2 is actually kind of funny in how it became very popular for orchestral-scoring/classical/acoustic material also. I did not necessarily have this target in mind initially. It's extreme side was more the goal. But I used it myself for subtle duties on my latest solo piano material:

as well as this ambient electronic album in much more extreme form:

This second one is content entirely from Kaleidoscope fed into B2! KS creates the sound, B2 spatializes it, often in an extreme manner. Bascially nothing else was used besides EQ/compression etc. I guess this shows the extreme range of possibility of B2 pretty well.

Last edited:
I am on the edge of buying this sale, but I am waiting of some cash income before sales end! :thumbsup:
What would be the best single product of you for orchestral mockups (vi-libraries) and/or the best combination of them?

I am on the edge of buying this sale, but I am waiting of some cash income before sales end! :thumbsup:
What would be the best single product of you for orchestral mockups (vi-libraries) and/or the best combination of them?

Well, assuming we are talking about realistic ~1-3 second decay time acoustic spaces, not huge ambient electronic-music environments, the design goal at the moment says the Precedence + Breeze 2 used with Multi-Instance Editing and Precedence-Link should be king for this application at the moment. i.e. 1:1 pairing of both with many instances direct on track inserts, using a unified space created by Breeze, but with unique positioning created by Precedence, which is communicated to the Breeze instances as well, which update themselves to also provide correct positional variations within the unified space. This is designed to be next-level magic for this kind of application.

But, many others here may swear by Aether or B2 and get amazing results in the tradditional way, of using one or two megalithic verbs on sends. And many of them are much more accomplished composers than me, so who am I to argue. ;)

I do think the Precedence-Link system will gain more and more traction as people begin to explore it more and more and integrate it into their workflow and templates etc. and once we have videos explaining it all, shortly. We do intend to allow it to work with future versions of Aether and B2...

Last edited:
Some observations from a combo newby/old hand<G>...

I've been using Breeze for quite a while, I just picked up the rest.

Breeze is a really usable, great sounding reverb for music production. I use it along side the Exponential Audio reverb plugins, and a couple from UA. They all play well together and I would be hard pressed to say one is better than another.

Precedence is working out quite nicely, I'm square in the learning phase.

B2 - I've really only spent time with B2, but so far I really like it. It is - for me anyway, and for now - a really helpful sound design tool. I will figure out how to tame it for music production, maybe.

Aether - haven't really done much with it yet.

Kaleidoscope - this is the one that pushed me over the edge to purchase the whole bundle! It is so much fun. I've yet to make it sound bad, but I will, I'm sure.

Which brings us to expansion packs, and presets in general.

I'm not a fan, and very few plugins - processors or synths - have had great presets or expansions. I really figured the expansion packs were fluff.

And for the reverbs they are, mostly, which is to say I don't find them useful - others may.

But for Kaleidoscope they are invaluable, and really well done. I have learned so much from dissecting them. There are several I will use as-is, and even more that I will use as starting points.

Overall I am finding the Everything bundle to be well worthwhile. I'd have been perfectly happy if Precedence and Kaleidoscope lived up to my expectations, so far it is a lot more.

If you can swing it I would suggest folks consider going all in - it represents a really good value, and all the tools are really well done. Even the expansions are proving to be helpful.

No, I don't have any financial interest in 2CAudio, don't even know anyone involved. I know how challenging it can be to make such a big investment in plug-ins, I seldom do so myself, and I am really pleased with this bundle, so I figured I should share.

Take everything I said with a grain of salt, all of these decisions are very personal, and my ears certainly work differently.

nabbed the B2 Expansions.

https://www.designersound.com/index.php?id_category=11&controller=category

I finally picked up B2 and have spent quite literally the entire weekend with it. It really is an endless reverb sandbox.

It's full of surprises, but the biggest so far has been how little CPU it takes on its simpler settings. I made a small, simple room for depth, of the sort for which I'd usually use Nimbus, Valhalla Room, or Pro R - and B2 was lighter than all of them.

I'm excited to keep poking at it!

Hello Guys,

I am looking for sponsor for this sale as a new customer. @MarcelM has offered it to me, but he isn't online and doesn't appear active today. I will wait till today later hours. If he doesn't show would anybody from you want to sponsor me as a new customer? (Referral Program)

Happy to help if Marcel is not available - send me a PM and I'll refer you.

I picked up Precedence during this sale and somehow just discovered that it is most effective working in tandem with Breeze 2.5 for orchestral placement. I am tempted to jump on Breeze as well, but there don't appear to be any bundles for the two. Unfortunately the crossgrade voucher Crossgrade_2CAudioReverbs doesn't work for Breeze or B2, even though I now own Precedence. I'm wondering if there's a bug or if there really is no added price incentive to purchase both even though I've been reading that Precedence Link and Multi-Instance Editing are new game-changing features.

I bought Breeze last year on some sale and picked up Precedence for just that reason. The cross grade price might not work because the sale is a better deal?

I bought Breeze last year on some sale and picked up Precedence for just that reason. The cross grade price might not work because the sale is a better deal?
That could be. Do you find yourself using the two together much, or would you think just having something like Valhalla Room as needed is good enough?

That could be. Do you find yourself using the two together much, or would you think just having something like Valhalla Room as needed is good enough?
Well, since I just bought it and haven't installed it yet, I haven't really used it. But I want to say Precedence is more along the lines of Mir than Vahalla Room, which I don't have. I think the big thing is the link though.

Well, since I just bought it and haven't installed it yet, I haven't really used it. But I want to say Precedence is more along the lines of Mir than Vahalla Room, which I don't have. I think the big thing is the link though.
Right - sorry I meant that I already have Valhalla Room. The link looks very useful and from what I've noticed in using Precedence alone, the Distance parameter doesn't add much depth without accurate corresponding reverb.

Hello Guys,

I am looking for sponsor for this sale as a new customer. @MarcelM has offered it to me, but he isn't online and doesn't appear active today. I will wait till today later hours. If he doesn't show would anybody from you want to sponsor me as a new customer? (Referral Program)
Can you elaborate on the benefits of this? Is there a new customer discount if you’re sponsored?

Can you elaborate on the benefits of this? Is there a new customer discount if you’re sponsored?
I didn't know about it when I signed up, but it looks like each person gets a $20 voucher towards their next purchase, which is generous because you already get loyalty points which accumulate with each purchase (I believe it's about 10%) and those are turned into voucher codes whenever you want. Check the referral program on Designer Sound from the site.

I ended up getting Breeze 2 to go with Precedence because impatient me couldn't wait. Once you load up instances of both Breeze and Precedence in each channel (and make sure to click the link for both) it completely works. These people are wizards. The combo goes super well with dry samples and physically modeled instruments. I cannot wait until B2 links with Precedence.

The only suggestions I would have for the developer (for each plugin) are to make a context box on the top or bottom that briefly explains what each button does when hovering over it, and also to allow automation for placement in Precedence to simulate movement in the spacial environment. But I realize that last request probably wouldn't work without popping and clicking from the algorithm changing in real time. Still... this is amazing.

EDIT: Also the option of sound direction for each instrument like MIR Pro would be nice. Not sure how feasible that is or even how beneficial it would be.

Top Bottom