What's new

Black Friday Sale Ending NoiseGuild 24ToneGongs, massive tuned gong collection.

Hi Guys, thanks again for the kind words!

Really like the sound of Bill's demo, i think in a way it resembles the 'Solaris' soundtrack sound of Cliff Martinez, which' sound has always been unmatched and unique. Weird thing is that, to my knowledge, other instruments were used in that soundtrack, which together sound like the gongs..

@SeanM1960 Of course you can play ff hits on this and the gongs 'splash' nicely (Quite a lot of these in the 'Fairy Dance' demo on soundcloud) but these gongs are specialized in making a clear pitched tone compared to an orchestral gong or a tamtam. So the timbre becomes less noisy and chaotic compared to the other two instruments.

Han
NoiseGuild

Really like the sound of Bill's demo, i think in a way it resembles the 'Solaris' soundtrack sound of Cliff Martinez, which' sound has always been unmatched and unique. Weird thing is that, to my knowledge, other instruments were used in that soundtrack, which together sound like the gongs..

I seem to remember the sleeve notes said it was processed gamelan samples - most of it sounds like the Bonang, which are a bit stubbier than suspended gongs.

I think steel drums of various kinds where also used in the Solaris soundtrack. Maybe the Crystal Baschet

Yes, you can clearly hear the steeldrum, and since Cliff Martinez has a set of those in his studio...But also gamelan-like timbres

Solaris was used a LOT as temptrack in movies in the decade after the movie came out, and that was always bad news for us composers since it sounds so sophisticated and was therefore hard to supersede!

I think that Solaris sound also may have been my goal in the original teaser for the gongs, at the start of this topic.

Han
NoiseGuild

Very very beautiful library! I was ready to buy but when i seen the price >8o
You rave ! 200 € for just Mallets & Sticks. 600 € for the 3 volumes ?
I imagine the amount of work but you are out of the market.

Hi Mika31sens,

Good that you like the lib! Pity you don't like the pricing!

first some factual points:
- The current price is 159,-
- I've said before in this thread that this first one involved the bigger part of the whole amount of work so the 2nd and 3d one will probably be cheaper, apart from that fact you get 20% off those prices with the intro offer.

Working on this Vi has been a labour of love which took us more that a year. Careful considerations went into our pricing policy. This is a fairly exotic lib without instant mass appeal and the price reflects that. We are quite happy with our sales figures and they confirm that most of our buyers are established professionals (realizing this is a somewhat self fulfilling prophecy). Still it saddens me that there are people who love the vi but think the price is too high.

I will post some examples of the 2nd and 3d vi in the near future, exiting stuff, hope these, including their price point, will be more to your liking!

Han
NoiseGuild

We are quite happy with our sales figures and they confirm that most of our buyers are established professionals (realizing this is a somewhat self fulfilling prophecy). Still it saddens me that there are people who love the vi but think the price is too high.

Hi Han,

yeah I said I couldn't afford it earlier in the thread too. and I'm not a pro. but then I changed some purchases plan, sold a few stuffs, and eventually bought it. and I'm so glad I did ! so much possibilities (especially as I like to mangle sounds), wonderful sounds !

Just for the fun of it, I enjoyed playing with your VI on every tracks I was working on, in a wide variety of context. love it ! It's "special", and that justifies the price in my perspective.
anxiously waiting for part II and III (and their price :mrgreen: ) !

I was also initially not going to buy this - not because I object to the pricepoint, but because I simply didn't have the cash. Things changed and I managed to afford, and am really, really glad I did.

Just to reassure Mika31sens, the depth of work on this library is more than worth every penny - I've paid far more for libraries that turned out to have involved a lot less work. So far I've sat for hours simply playing because the instrument is so expressive. If you can get in whilst the opening offer is still available then do it.

Putting my Christmas gift card toward this library in about 5 minutes. looking forward to it.

*EDIT* It is mine! Sound exceptional, very expressive, playable, like the last 2 or 3 Bill Brown projects.

What's the timeline on vol 2 and 3?

If I could suggest - make an attractive bundle offer and my credit card info will involuntarily end up being typed into your shopping cart .....

Re: 24ToneGongs, 4 octave spanning massive tuned gong collection, RELEASED!

Interesting that Soniccouture is mentioned here for comparison. That is flattering since I really love their combination of adventurous sound sources and superb scripting!

Thanks guys for all the many great and kind comments (and orders :D ) we've received via various sources, it seems that there's no discussion on the quality, but of course some discussion on the pricing. We will consider your suggestions for future products..

Han
NoiseGuild

Hi Han,

Thanks for the compliment, its nice to read from a fellow developer.

If you would like our advice on pricing, we would probably look to charge €99-€120 for this product at full price.

In our experience, making something more expensive because it is more 'niche' is not the best policy - better to do the opposite.

An alternative policy would be to combine all three products at the €200 price point.

Just my opinion.

James

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, i didn't get these messages, maybe due to the forum update? Will try to fix this.

Great that there's a lot of fresh interest for the gongs lately, just as we have resumed working on the second part of the lib! Maybe it's the summer season.
Anyway, after we edited the Bows and Rubs we felt there wasn't enough content to get a workable instrument. So we got even more gongs to get missing pieces of the puzzle in place. (It should really be called 34 ToneGongs now....)
Also, these sounds can be quite chaotic and unpredictable, so this makes for a massive amount of editing.

And finally, we have been extremely busy with soundtrack work during the last 6 months, so the lib was shelved for some time.

But we're back on track so please be patient for some time, we will have a discount pricing for the first volume when the Bows&Rubs are finished.

I will keep you updated.

Han,
Noiseguild

Wow, this is an amazing sounding library. I hope to hear some details soon about additional volumes. If there is a nice bundle price I may just have to pick this one up...

Hi Guys, great news, a new 24ToneGongs lib coming up!
All (musical) sounds in the teaser below are from our 2 VI's:

Only a couple of days till the release..

Han
NoiseGuild

Last edited:
24ToneGongs Volume III: Percussives is released! The 3 libraries are done, it's been quite a journey...

Here's the trailer:

We proudly present the bundle of all 3 24ToneGongs libs: the TRINITY bundle.

24ToneGongs-Trinity.jpg

bundle Intro price €229,-!

Music made with 24tonegongsIII: Percussives:

Intro price for 24ToneGongsIII: Percussives: €129,- (€179,- after January 20th)

Special update price for vol1. Mallets&Sticks owners: €49,-

Han,
NoiseGuild

Attachments

• 3_interfaces.png
    3_interfaces.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Top Bottom