What's new

2017 Best Orchestral Snare Samples?

Cactus T-Shirt

Hi Guys,
I know this topic has been touched on in older posts, but I wanted to repost it to keep the question/answers up to date:

Could you please share your opinions on which sample(s) are the best traditional orchestral snare samples to date?

Thank you!

Hi Guys,
I know this topic has been touched on in older posts, but I wanted to repost it to keep the question/answers up to date:

Could you please share your opinions on which sample(s) are the best traditional orchestral snare samples to date?

Thank you!
I use cinesamples cineperc a lot, and i like the autentic sound of the snare. I dont know if it is the best, but its pretty good

I use both Hollywood Percussions from EW and VSL Percussions Special Edition, both are really good sounding samples, Hollywood Percussions has more snare model to choose from where VSL only has either solo or ensemble snare drums.

I use Cineperc. There are several different snares available (I think six). Great sound, many dynamics layers, as well as great rolls and other articulations.

Currently using Rhapsody Percussion Elements with custom mic settings for the snare and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold, Like them both alot, although might I grab a new perc soon.

I have Hollywood Percussion Snares, and Berlin Percussion Snares. Both offer multiple drums, and sound quite good. I prefer the Berlin just slightly over the Hollywood. It is also a bit more flexible with the multiple mic options. Hollywood percussion diamond has multiple mics as well, but just not as many. Hollywood stuff tends to have a colder, more dispassionate tone for me, which is sometimes a plus or a minus depending on what you want.

The problem is that you have to buy the whole percussion as a group in both cases. I also have snares from Soundiron that I wouldn't put on the level of those two.

Top Bottom