What's new

2.5k? 4k? Superwide? What Displays...

Killiard

These have nothing but fine reviews! I shall put them on the maybe list!
I've the previous model and it's a lovely thing. Occasionally I've found myself squinting at small text but 2560x1440 seems like a good size for 27". A 4k 28" seems like madness to me!

Jetzer

My 43" panny is still going strong after six months, no image retention problems at all. It's the best upgrade I have ever done to my computer.
You work with one 43" monitor?

I currently work with two 27", but I'm moving to a new place and thinking about getting 1 43" display instead. Still think I would miss the second display sometimes though. Especially when writing for picture.

tokatila

You work with one 43" monitor?

I currently work with two 27", but I'm moving to a new place and thinking about getting 1 43" monitor instead. Still think I would miss the second display sometimes though. Especially when writing for picture.
Yes I had three; one 27" and two 24". Haven't missed them a bit :)

whinecellar

Jim Daneker
I've had the 40" Philips 4k for almost a year now, and it has spoiled me rotten. Stunning image, contrast is insane (I also do video and photography) - and of course that 4x 1080p real estate with no borders... I could never go back!

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
I've had the 40" Philips 4k for almost a year now, and it has spoiled me rotten. Stunning image, contrast is insane (I also do video and photography) - and of course that 4x 1080p real estate with no borders... I could never go back!
Can you give the link to the model of it? I would love to check it out. If it's that good perhaps I can find the extra inches in the Lab ;)

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
Haha! I just looked that one up but it seems discontinued so, what about the 43 inch replacement? My Music Lab is Shrinking...

Philips BDM4350UC 43inch 4k IPS

W Ackerman

Just me
I've had the 43" Philips (BDM4350UC) since May. If run at full brightness (way too bright for my studio which has subdued lighting - 50-60% brightness is great), it does have temporary burn-in issues. Scaling at 100% works well with my DAW, even with my aging eyesight.

I love the extra borderless real estate. It is theoretically color-calibrated at the factory, but it definitely benefited from running my own calibration. I have the model with built-in speakers - total garbage. Like whinecellar, I use it for photo, video, VFX, etc. I would hate to go back to anything smaller.

URL

I'm a fan of multiple monitors, over one huge 43", its more flexible for me.
Philips BDM4350UC 43inch 4k IPS got nice comments in Nordic stores...
3x27 is hrm.. let see=81"...and som really heavy glasses...:)

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
I'm a fan of multiple monitors, over one huge 43", its more flexible for me.
Philips BDM4350UC 43inch 4k IPS got nice comments in Nordic stores...
3x27 is hrm.. let see=81"...and som really heavy glasses...:)
Well, if I buy one of these 43 inchers I shall use my remaining 2 x 28 Inch displays and have one on the left and one on the right. Plus the wall mounted 50 inch TV. No point in messing about. We only live once.

Reactions: URL

URL

Well, if I buy one of these 43 inchers I shall use my remaining 2 x 28 Inch displays and have one on the left and one on the right. Plus the wall mounted 50 inch TV. No point in messing about. We only live once.
Okey -thats a nice monitor setup for working space.

Thorsten Meyer

I got the 43" Philips (BDM4350UC), but returned it as I was to concern about permanent burn ins. If there would not be an issue with burn ins the BDM4350UC would be in my studio.

Top Bottom