What's new

1970s soul / pop. Session guitarist included - Feeling Fine

I decided to save myself some time and hire a guitarist. Probably the best decision I've made in a while. The rest of the track was made using MODO Bass, Alicia's Keys and Abbey Road drums. Cheers guys and gals.

OP
S

Straight2Vinyl

Thanks man. I think the snare was treated with a lot of waves tape and vinyl emulation. It helps.

Stringtree

Turned out to be the star of the show, didn't your session player?

I like some guitar-ish sample libraries for things I don't have around or even drag out sometimes. The real deal always satisfies, because there's so much groove and interaction.

It's like getting the mandolin out for slicing. What a mess to clean up afterward. But for certain things, the results are better than just a chef's knife.

Nice job. I'm definitely in a mood now.

Greg

OP
S

Straight2Vinyl

Turned out to be the star of the show, didn't your session player?

I like some guitar-ish sample libraries for things I don't have around or even drag out sometimes. The real deal always satisfies, because there's so much groove and interaction.

It's like getting the mandolin out for slicing. What a mess to clean up afterward. But for certain things, the results are better than just a chef's knife.

Nice job. I'm definitely in a mood now.

Greg
Yeah he did a hell of a nice job. I think the most popular(but still not really popular) track I ever made was one where I played and programmed Orange Tree Guitars from my keyboard. But there's only a few types of guitar styles I find I can even play with my MIDI controller. For the cost of using a decent session guitarist, it's definitely a good way to go if you want something more for a particular track.

Top Bottom