What's new

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi everyone! In today's video, let's dive into my collection of piano libraries made for Kontakt, play through them, and see what they sound like. Please enjoy!

0:00 Intro
3:15 CinePiano
4:53 Midnight Grand
6:59 Woodchester Piano
8:55 Glacier Keys
10:22 Ascend Modern Grand
11:52 Walker 1955 Steinway
13:00 Emotional Piano
14:27 Cinematic Studio Piano
16:14 Postcard Piano
17:38 Frozen Piano
18:40 Alt Piano
19:57 Piano in Blue
21:05 Prayer Piano
21:51 Lo-ki
23:13 Signature Grand
26:16 Conclusions

cqd

You didn't have the one that is competing with the Simple Sam for me..The light and sound concert grand..it really is nice..

stevenson-again

I really enjoyed this video and your playing was appropriate for each of the pianos.

I thought emotional piano (which I own) was the best sounding, and Piano in Blue (I have black) and the Signature Grand were next. Signature Grand looks especially interesting.

Actually the piano I use the most is one I sampled myself - a Parlour Piano...a rubbish old piano I was replacing with a decent one and thought I would quickly capture it for use in TV/film location work. I actually had it up here on VI-C as a freebie somewhere...

Anyway, turns out it gets a lot of use, and not just by me. It's badly recorded, only 3 velocity layers, and some of the notes click, but gee it doesn't half have some character. I use it a lot for my epic steampunk stuff.

Nice video. A great resource for trying to get a feel for what piano does what.

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

I really enjoyed this video and your playing was appropriate for each of the pianos.

I thought emotional piano (which I own) was the best sounding, and Piano in Blue (I have black) and the Signature Grand were next. Signature Grand looks especially interesting.

Actually the piano I use the most is one I sampled myself - a Parlour Piano...a rubbish old piano I was replacing with a decent one and thought I would quickly capture it for use in TV/film location work. I actually had it up here on VI-C as a freebie somewhere...

Anyway, turns out it gets a lot of use, and not just by me. It's badly recorded, only 3 velocity layers, and some of the notes click, but gee it doesn't half have some character. I use it a lot for my epic steampunk stuff.

Nice video. A great resource for trying to get a feel for what piano does what.
Thanks for watching!

Top Bottom