What's new

12 Years Old. Twelve. There is hope for humanity.

To be fair, she's probably the offspring of some privileged, possibly titled scumbag who profits off of people's misery on a daily basis and she already inherited both her parents aloof ignorance as well as heartless, sociopathic determination, so I wouldn't get too hasty with the "hope for humanity" part.
troll-face-jeffrey-wong.jpg

To be fair, she's probably the offspring of some privileged, possibly titled scumbag who profits off of people's misery on a daily basis and she already inherited both her parents aloof ignorance as well as heartless, sociopathic determination, so I wouldn't get too hasty with the "hope for humanity" part.
Foolishly feeding the troll :rolleyes:, Wikipedia disagrees:
Wikipedia said:
Deutscher was born in Basingstoke in 2005, the daughter of literature professor Janie Deutscher née Steen and Israeli linguist Guy Deutscher. Both are amateur musicians.

Being a child prodigy doesn't mean that you can skip the hard work:
Wikipedia said:
However, Deutscher has explained that her seemingly spontaneous style of composition obscures the harder work involved in creating larger and complex compositions, where the idea or initial melody is only the first part of a much longer process. At Zeitgeist Minds, she explained: "Lots of people think that the difficult part of composing is to get the ideas, but actually that just comes to me. The difficult bit is then to sit down with that idea, to develop it, to combine it with other ideas in a coherent way. Because it's very easy to throw a soup of lots of ideas which don't make any sense together. But to sit down and develop and combine it, and afterwards to tweak it and to polish it – that takes ages..."
And she plays violin, because... of course she does. :laugh:

Foolishly feeding the troll :rolleyes:, Wikipedia disagrees:

People can't have a joke these days. But you know what, I'm gonna be serious for a second.

I knew nothing about the girl beforehand and actually read the Wikipedia article myself afterwards. Admittedly, these people probably aren't the worst kind of scumbag exploiters. But isn't it funny how the rest of what I said is actually totally true? Take just for example the whole bit about the home schooling, and the little princess being too bored and too precious to go to school, and instead enjoying the wealth and liberty that enables her to be nurtured by the princples of the 18th century italian babble-schwabble. It's every bit as obscenely aloof and untethered to reality as I joked it would be. It's the old Pierre Bourdieu thing: capital/field/habitus, right? That's how you breed yourself a little wunderkind.

Which is whatever. I'm not gonna hate on a little girl, don't get me wrong. But especially considering the today's world economy, sociopolitics and the state of grassroots everyday culture, I don't think more of this kind of exalted folks is what humanity needs, or should hope for (to circle back to the thread title).

Frankly, I also generally laugh at any notion of an artists' "hard work".

Last edited:
Well it is amazing and depressing at the same time.

I do think the piano playing is missing a bit of weight.
But she is twelve so not her fault, just not physically strong enough yet. Just a bit more power here and there.

... the violin bruises on her neck were a bit creepy though.

Last edited:
'Frankly, I also generally laugh at any notion of an artists' "hard work" '
It is indeed hard work - even if you enjoy it..

'... the violin bruises on her neck were a bit creepy though.'.
We violinists all have such stigmata on our necks.
(Well I don't, but perhaps I don't practice enough, and anyway I have a beard..)

And why not learn from the positive aspects rather than bitching about the negative ones.

she already inherited both her parents aloof ignorance as well as heartless, sociopathic determination
Have you looked in the mirror lately...?
I knew nothing about the girl beforehand and actually read the Wikipedia article myself afterwards.

I'm not gonna hate on a little girl
You just did, here:
the little princess being too bored and too precious

I don't think more of this kind of exalted folks is what humanity needs, or should hope for (to circle back to the thread title).
Yeah, humanity needs more people like you to bring down what should have been an uplifting and happy thread. Some people just simply can't be happy about something harmless like a talented 12 year old bringing joy to people through her music - did you actually have an opinion about her piano concerto or what? It's interesting that you judge the composer and not the music....

Jealous much...?

Before you get trigger-happy and respond about humanity-related themes, bear in mind that the thread title implies that there is hope for humanity when a little 12-year-old girl can compose and perform such uplifting and beautiful pieces of music. Thanks.

Last edited:
Composed and orchestrated when she was twelve. Parts of it written when she was eight. Astonishing.

The second movement has to be one of the most sublime pieces of music I've heard from any composer of any age - just amazing!

Frankly, I also generally laugh at any notion of an artists' "hard work"
Yes , I'm sure she came out of the womb knowing how to play piano, violin & write music.
Maybe creativity comes easy to "geniuses" , but the majority of great artists had tortured souls, made no money, were laughed at and died young, and now we can criticize them while watching youtube (I'm talking about Van Gogh, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Lautrec on and on..)

Top Bottom